Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Elaine Groff Wolff

314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Spotlight on Shaklee Pure Performance Athlete Troy Dumais
8/29/2012 7:19:24 PM

Join me in congratulating diver Troy Dumais, a 35-time national champion who will be competing in London with the U.S. diving team this summer—the fourth time he has qualified for the Games! He joins Greg Louganis as the only American men to do so.

About going to the Games for the fourth time, Troy says, “It’s an amazing feat and (a) great feeling, but our job isn’t done. We set out for a goal, and this is just one of the steps to our goal. We have a lot of training to do. London awaits.”

See the full interview with Troy here.

Troy comes from a family of divers—the Dumais siblings started diving at an early age. “My siblings and I learned to swim in a neighbor’s heated pool. We tired of that very quickly, so we started attempting flips off the side of the pool. My brother landed back on his head on the deck during one attempt, so our parents signed us up for diving lessons in order to keep us from killing ourselves. We just happened to find a sport we’d be passionate about.”

Troy’s brother Justin, an Air Force fighter pilot who served a tour of duty in Iraq, participated with Troy in the 2008 Games. “My brother Troy is the most amazing diver/competitor that I’ve ever met. I’m impressed by his ability to ratchet up his performance level when it’s time to compete, and his complete dominance over the past 10-plus years in the U.S. speaks to his abilities. He knows more about the sport than anyone I know.”

This summer at the Games in London, Troy will dive in the 3-meter synchronized event on August 1 and will compete again in the 3-meter springboard on August 6–7. So be sure to tune in and cheer him on! Shaklee also will provide updates via Facebook® and Twitter®.

*All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Elaine Groff Wolff
+0
Elaine Groff Wolff

314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Spotlight on Shaklee Pure Performance Athlete Troy Dumais
9/6/2012 5:29:40 AM
Quote:

Join me in congratulating diver Troy Dumais, a 35-time national champion who will be competing in London with the U.S. diving team this summer—the fourth time he has qualified for the Games! He joins Greg Louganis as the only American men to do so.

About going to the Games for the fourth time, Troy says, “It’s an amazing feat and (a) great feeling, but our job isn’t done. We set out for a goal, and this is just one of the steps to our goal. We have a lot of training to do. London awaits.”

See the full interview with Troy here.

Troy comes from a family of divers—the Dumais siblings started diving at an early age. “My siblings and I learned to swim in a neighbor’s heated pool. We tired of that very quickly, so we started attempting flips off the side of the pool. My brother landed back on his head on the deck during one attempt, so our parents signed us up for diving lessons in order to keep us from killing ourselves. We just happened to find a sport we’d be passionate about.”

Troy’s brother Justin, an Air Force fighter pilot who served a tour of duty in Iraq, participated with Troy in the 2008 Games. “My brother Troy is the most amazing diver/competitor that I’ve ever met. I’m impressed by his ability to ratchet up his performance level when it’s time to compete, and his complete dominance over the past 10-plus years in the U.S. speaks to his abilities. He knows more about the sport than anyone I know.”

This summer at the Games in London, Troy will dive in the 3-meter synchronized event on August 1 and will compete again in the 3-meter springboard on August 6–7. So be sure to tune in and cheer him on! Shaklee also will provide updates via Facebook® and Twitter®.

*All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Troy Matthew Dumais (born January 21, 1980, Ventura, California) is a competitive diver from California. Dumais has represented the United States in the 2000 Olympic Games, 2004 Athens Olympic Games, 2008 Olympic Games, and 2012 Olympic Games, the last in which he won a bronze medal in the synchronized 3m. He attended the University of Texas at Austin.
Elaine Groff Wolff
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!