Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: What is your best moment in the Olympic Games to date?
7/29/2012 11:45:11 PM

Quote:
Hi Roger,

What exciting times we are in. They all are winners, just by being there. However, you do want to see your kids win from your country, but then excited for the winners. Everyone works hard, so I say give them all an A+

I agree Myrna

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/30/2012 6:19:52 PM

We in GB thought we had a silver medal for Team GB BUT read this.

Team GB drop to bronze after Japan appeal

Kohei Uchimura of Japan
Kohei Uchimura of Japan Credit: Reuters

Kohei Uchimura of Japan fell from the Pommel Horse but has had his 'inquiry accepted' after an appeal over the score he was given after the fall.

The increased score he was awarded leaves Japan in second place - pushing the British team in to third, before the appeal Britain had thought they had won the silver medal.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/30/2012 6:21:39 PM

TEAM GB

Equestrian: Cook finishes for day in third position

Great Britain's Tina Cook waves whilst riding Miners Frolic in heavy rain during the Dressage stage of the Eventing at Greenwich Park.
Great Britain's Tina Cook waves whilst riding Miners Frolic in heavy rain during the Dressage stage of the Eventing at Greenwich Park. Credit: PA

Tina Cook finishes for day in third position with Miners Frolic - the top position for Team GB at present.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/30/2012 8:03:42 PM

Hi Roger,

Swimming is an interesting sport to watch, I've noticed the female swimmers splashing water on their chests, re-arranging their breasts, I hadn't noticed that a couple decades ago, and I remember we'd get frowns from the swimming teachers in high school for reaching into the top of our one-piece swimsuits and arranging our goodies...and I also got a glimpse of a man's buttcrack yesterday, I think it was Michael Phelps, and I'm very glad Ryan Lochte is getting medals and attention this time, he's better looking than Phelps!

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/30/2012 8:15:29 PM

Bad news for the best of USA athletes:

Michael Phelps, who won tons of medals in 2008, didn't qualify for individual competition, he can only win medals now as part of the swimming team. Some say he didn't train enough, rested on his laurels, I think he's getting "older" at 28, and I recall that he also partied very hardy after winning his numerous medals in the last Olympics and made tons of newspaper stories with his drinking, smoking of unidentified substances & girlying (don't wanna call it womanizing)...LOL!

Same thing happened with female gymnast, Jordyn Wieber (Weiber?) the world champion for 2 consecutive years, burst into tears yesterday when she found out she didn't make it as one of the 2 individual all-around gymnasts. Legendary coach, Bela Karolyi, was appalled, so was I, because one of the girls who DID make it into the 2 individual spaces made bigger mistakes in the floor exercises. Maybe it was a consipiracy among the judges to not let the 2-year world champ compete as an individual.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!