Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
I Love Pots and Pans
5/7/2012 2:32:36 PM
Pots and pans are great. how many of us remember when we were young and played with moms pots and pans? They were my drum set. I thought I was the best drummer ever. I even remember new years eve. At the stroke of midnight we would stand on our front step and bang our pots and pans as hard as we could. while shouting happy new year as loud as we could.

I guess that's when my affection for pots and pans started. Of course it grew in cooking as I got older.

There are hundreds of brands all claiming to be the best ever. Most of the more popular TV chiefs have a brand name. Like Emeril Lagasse, Paula Dean, Rachael Ray and the list goes on. There all great. Each has a particular thing that separates one from the other. But mostly it's the mostly the celebrities name and popularity that sells.

They say that every seven years we purchase a new set of cookware. I am not sure if that's correct. In my family we are still using some pans we have for several years. Of course some old pans are just plain worn out so begrudgingly I have to discard them.

Then of course there is the new generation of pans the whole family can't do without. But one pan cost as much as the entire set you bought seven years age.

With the new types of cookware such as, waterless , stainless steel, non stick, and a few others it's get confusing. So my best tip when searching for a new set or even one or two pans. Buy something that fits your needs. Sometimes we don't need a whole set costing several hundred of dollars but just two or three will do. Buy cookware that fits your cooking skills. Do you really need a sauce pan when you never make sauce. Think of how many people you cook for on a daily bases. Consider if your set will be usable to put in the oven at a high temperature to finish a certain dish. Do you live in a small apartment.

Remember expensive isn't always the best. Do your research. Buy pots and pans that are easy to clean. Easy to store. Have fun cooking and creating dishes that will become your family favorites.

My blog is http://yourkitchenandcooking.com. But there is a big change comming soon.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!