Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
SharePromoteReport Abuse
RE: Mary Evelyn's Koffee Klatch
8/10/2012 2:01:59 AM
That was funny! Should I admit I agree with both sides?
Deb
10 years with this essential oil company: http://www.seabeadessentialoils.com Discounts = Earnings: http://www.epx180.com/debramv
+0
8/10/2012 12:07:54 PM

Hi Deb, welcome to my forum. Hey everyone, say a big welcome to a new friend and send her a friend invitation. She's a great lady. :)

Quote:

Deb
+0
8/10/2012 12:09:09 PM
Inspirational Quote of the Day
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
+0
8/10/2012 12:44:26 PM

I have to say KUDOS to this school administration. We, as a nation, must start standing up to these small groups who want to dictate to the majority of us how to do things. Way to go Wayland High School officials!!

School stands firm on 'God Bless America'

Bob Kellogg - OneNewsNow - 8/10/2012

An atheist organization is demanding that a Massachusetts high school band stop playing "God Bless America" at school functions because it violates separation of church and state.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is telling Wayland High School officials that playing "God Bless America" is an unconstitutional act. The band played the song on two occasions of American patriotism: Pearl Harbor Day and Memorial Day. An attorney with FFRF took issue with the phrase "As we raise our voices in solemn prayer."

School officials, however, have stated they plan to ignore FFRF's warning. Superintendent Dr. Paul Stein responded: "There has to be a sense about whether the schools are fostering the promotion or practice of religion, and I don't believe the band playing 'God Bless America' does that."

Matt Staver, founder and chairman of
Liberty Counsel, is pleased that school officials agree with those who say this argument is out of bounds.

"The good news is that the administrators here at this school also think this is over the top, that this is just beyond the line of reasonableness," the attorney tells OneNewsNow. "To say that you cannot sing 'God Bless America' is just preposterous."

Staver says with this continuing onslaught against religion in schools, he hopes the public will begin to see the Foundation for what it is.

"I hope people ultimately come to that point where they realize what the agenda is -- and it is an anti-freedom agenda and it is an anti-God agenda," he remarks. "And I think this illustrates just how far they want to go. I think they have reached the tipping point in many respects, and I think they're showing their true colors."

The Foundation contends repeated use of the song sends a message to students that the school is "endorsing and compelling belief in a god."

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2012 4:01:46 PM

Hi Deb,

Welcome to Mary Evelyn's forum!

I've had paid signups for my businesses from posting here, people have told me they've seen this forum at the top of Google and visited and clicked on signature files! Wow!

Quote:

Hi Deb, welcome to my forum. Hey everyone, say a big welcome to a new friend and send her a friend invitation. She's a great lady. :)

Quote:

Deb
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!