Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Mary Evelyn's Koffee Klatch
8/8/2012 2:29:13 AM

+0
8/8/2012 12:12:25 PM

Hello everyone, with all the excitement of the Olympics, when I read this, this morning on one of our local TV station's website, I thought you all might want to see one of our local winners in the Guinness Book of World Records. Ft Myers is in the same county as our little town. Hope you enjoy the video.

Posted: Aug 07, 2012

FORT MYERS, FL -

When you think of what Fort Myers is known for, you think of Edison, palm trees and baseball.

Now you can add a skateboarding goat to that list.

A Fort Myers goat is in the Guinness Book of World Records for "Farthest Distance Skateboarding by a Goat."

Move over waterskiing squirrel, and Tillman, the skateboarding dog. There is a new kid in town who has her name inked in the record books.

Owner Melody Cooke realized her two and half year old goat, Happie, had a special talent early on.

"She figured out how to get on and then I was just like, 'Whoa, this is amazing,'" said Cooke. "My goat can skateboard, let me see how far I can go with this."

It turns out she could go 118 feet with it. The record skate lasted 25 seconds, and ended when the skateboard hit a parking block.

The whole time, Happie was waiting for her prize - food.

But imagine if the parking block wasn't there. Cooke believes Happie could've gone even farther into the record books.

"I definitely think she could've, but I just wanted to capture that moment and send it to Guinness World Records, 'cause I wasn't sure if they were even going to do it," said Cooke.

But they did. Six months later, they sent her a spiffy certificate in the mail, with Happie's name, representing Fort Myers, as a world record holder.

But Cooke says there are other reasons why she pulled out the video camera.

"Especially with all of the tragic things that have been occurring recently, I just felt it was nice to show something fun and inspiring," said Cooke.

Inspiring enough, she adds, to tackle new challenges and tricks.

"[I] plan on making more fun and creative videos and see how far we can go with this," said Cooke.

Maybe making it 119 feet.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/8/2012 1:53:26 PM
Evelyn,
OMG I love goats. Happie is adorable, and she is so much fun. I do hope you can keep us up to date on what Happie is up to next. It is so cute.
Thanks for a wonderful treat called Happie.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
8/9/2012 1:52:43 AM

Myrna, he is a cutie. I'll be sure and watch to see if they put anything else about Happie on their web site.

Quote:
Evelyn,
OMG I love goats. Happie is adorable, and she is so much fun. I do hope you can keep us up to date on what Happie is up to next. It is so cute.
Thanks for a wonderful treat called Happie.

+0
8/9/2012 1:53:44 AM

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!