Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
THREE GREAT MASTERS' NATIVITY PAINTINGS - THE ULTIMATE SELECTION
12/25/2011 12:50:50 AM
Dear Adland Friends,

As a special commemoration of the Christmas Holidays this year, I would like to show the three most beautiful Nativities to have, in my opinion, ever been painted. Since I have selected them from previous threads in this very forum, I am pretty confident that you will like them all. (NOTE: You may click on the images to enlarge them.)

The first one, a little known 200 x 300 cm fresco by Sandro Botticelli painted 1476-77, is preserved at the church of Santa Maria Novella in Florence (Italy). The composition of the picture, as an arch, suggests that this fresco was once in one of the lunettes in the church.

The Birth of Christ
by Sandro Botticelli

The second one is a 151 x 213 cm oil on canvas painted by Charles Le Brun in 1689, one year before this great artist's demise. This wonderful masterpiece may be viewed at the Musée du Louvre, Paris. Its beauty cannot be described in words.

Adoration of the Shepherds

by Charles Le Brun

The third painting, also titled "Adoration of the Shepherds", is another precious oil on canvas painted in 1750 by the French Rococo Era painter Francois Boucher. This masterpiece is one of his rare works of religious subject. It is treasured in the Musée des Beaux-Arts at Lyon (France).

Adoration of the Shepherds

by Francois Boucher

This time too I have not included too many technical data and information about the authors, as I just wanted to provide you with some particularly beautiful paintings of the Nativity of the Lord.

Thank you and, of course, Merry Christmas to all of you!

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!