Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Have A Happy & A Delicious Halloween
10/27/2011 1:30:49 AM
Great recipes.....Can't wait to try all of them....I am going to add this forum to my favorite list! :-)
Unique vintage items,jewelry,accessories,collectibles,and more! http://myworld.ebay.com/starlightfaith
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Have A Happy & A Delicious Halloween
10/27/2011 2:35:42 AM

Hello Christina,

It's always good to have new visitors. Glad that you liked the Forum and I hope that you'll stop by often.

Here's a few more Treats with a Halloween flavor.

Pizza Pot Pies

You can’t help but smile back at this casserole. It has that all-time favorite flavor--pizza!

pound lean ground beef or Italian sausage
1/2
cup chopped onion
1/2
cup chopped green bell pepper
can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
can (4 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/4
cup very hot water
  1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease four 10- to 12-ounce casseroles.
  2. Cook ground beef, onion and bell pepper in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon beef mixture into casseroles. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on each.
  3. Mix Bisquick mix and very hot water; beat vigorously 20 seconds. Turn dough onto surface dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead about 10 times or until smooth. Divide dough into 4 balls. Pat each ball into circle the size of diameter of casserole. Cut steam vent in each circle with knife or cookie cutter. Place each circle on beef mixture in casserole. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until very light brown. Makes 4 servings

Halloween Cutout Cookies

Enjoy these Halloween cookies made using Bisquick® Original baking mix – a sweet treat!

1 1/2
cups powdered sugar
1/2
cup margarine or butter, softened
1/2
teaspoon vanilla
eggs
cups Bisquick® Original baking mix
drops yellow food color
drops red food color
tablespoons baking cocoa
Betty Crocker black decorating gel
  1. Stir powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla and eggs in large bowl until well blended. Stir in baking mix until soft dough forms. Divide dough in half. Mix yellow and red food colors into 1 half to make orange dough; mix cocoa into other half to make chocolate dough. Cover and refrigerate doughs separately 2 hours or until chilled.
  2. Heat oven to 400°. Roll one-fourth of the dough at a time 1/8 inch thick on floured cloth-covered board. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll.) Cut orange dough with pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and chocolate dough with cat-shaped cookie cutter. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Make faces on pumpkins and cats with black gel. Makes 6 to 7 dozen cookies

Yummy Mummy Cookies

These little wrap stars will make your guests smile. Just criss-cross with melted white chocolate.

cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4
cup sugar
teaspoons vanilla
egg
cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
miniature chocolate chips (about 2 teaspoons)
cup white vanilla baking chips
  1. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour; beat on low speed until dough forms. Roll dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes for easier handling.
  2. Heat oven to 350°F. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into rope 14 inches long. Cut each rope into 4 (3-inch) and 4 (1/2-inch) lengths of dough. Roll the 4 (1/2-inch) pieces into balls and attach to 4 (3-inch) pieces as heads. On ungreased cookie sheet, place 1 inch apart. Press 2 chocolate chips, point sides down, in each mummy head for eyes.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until very light golden brown and tops are set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
  4. In small resealable freezer plastic bag, place vanilla chips; seal bag. Microwave on High 40 to 60 seconds or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until chips are smooth; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle frosting in a crisscross pattern over cookies to look like mummy bandages. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Makes 32 cookies.

Finally, these Pancakes are great anytime, but they seem especially good at Halloween. Wake up all of those sleepy little ghouls & goblins with these warm spicy pumpkin pancakes. Pass the warm syrup please.

Candied Ginger Pumpkin Pancakes

cups Original Bisquick® mix
teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2
cups buttermilk
cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
eggs
1/4
cup toasted pecan halves, finely chopped
tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
Pecan halves, if desired
Butter, if desired
Maple-flavored syrup, if desired
  1. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, pumpkin pie spice, buttermilk, pumpkin and eggs with whisk or fork until blended. Stir in chopped pecans and ginger.
  2. Brush nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet with vegetable oil; heat griddle to 350°F or heat skillet over medium heat.
  3. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown. Serve topped with remaining ingredients. Makes 16 pancakes.

Have A Safe & Happy Halloween My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!