Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Have A Happy & A Delicious Halloween
10/17/2011 11:29:20 PM
hey phil .... in case you are interested in other halloween parties / threads, here is mine. it is years old and has recipes too

pat.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/843387/ALLTHINGSHALLOWEENPostyourScaryandFamilyHalloweenStoriesPicturesRecipesandCraftIdeasNOAdsPlease/1.aspx

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/20/2011 8:14:42 PM

Hi Pat,

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I'll be sure and stop by over at your Halloween Thread as well.

Friends, Halloween is the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen, and these party treats are sure to please all of those trick-or-treaters whether young or old. You can pack them up for the kids' school parties, serve them at your own festive affair, or hand them out to the costumed kids that come by on All Hallow's Eve.

Want to make that Halloween table look just a bit more frightening? Even a bowl of hot tomato soup will leave you cold if it stares back at you from the bowl.

Eye-Popping Soup

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
  • 2 can(s) (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
  • 1 quart(s) homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
  • 3 sprig(s) oregano or marjoram
  • 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 6 pitted black Kalamata olives
  • 2 sprig(s) fresh rosemary
  • 4 fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 pound(s) (about 30) bocconcini (bite-size mozzarella balls)
  • 1 jar(s) small pimiento-stuffed olives

Directions

1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
  2. Add wine and cook until most liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, stock, and oregano, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until thickened, about 45 minutes.
  3. Using a slotted spoon, remove herbs. Puree soup in small batches until smooth. Return to pan and slowly pour in half-and-half, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Meanwhile, make the bugs: Use a toothpick to pierce each Kalamata olive 4 times (all the way through to other side). Insert a rosemary leaf into each hole to make eight legs. Insert two pieces of chive into the small hole at the end of the olive to make antennae.
  5. Make the eyeballs: Using a small melon baller, scoop out a hole from each bocconcini. Halve each pimiento-stuffed olive crosswise. Place a half, cut side out, in the hole in each bocconcini to make eyeballs.
  6. Ladle hot soup into shallow bowls. Float 4 or 5 eyeballs in soup and place a bug on rim of each bowl.

These moon pies on a stick make a perfect party project for kids. Or, arrange the lollipops in a container filled with florist foam for an impressive centerpiece.

Harvest Moon Lollipops

Ingredients

• 12 (10- to 12-inch-long) lollipop sticks
  • 1 package(s) (24-ounce) Chocolate Flavor MoonPies
  • 1 package(s) (14-ounce) orange candy melts
  • 1 zip-top plastic bag
  • Scissors
  • Wax paper
  • Halloween candies
  • Halloween sugar cake decorations
  • Decorator icing
  • Ribbon (optional)

Directions

1. Insert 1 lollipop stick 2 to 3 inches into marshmallow center of MoonPie.
  2. Microwave candy melts in a glass bowl at Medium (50 percent power) 1 minute or until melted, stirring once; spoon into plastic bag, and seal.
  3. Snip a small hole in 1 corner of the bag; pipe melted candy around where stick meets MoonPie to secure. Lay flat on wax paper, and let stand until firm.
  4. Pipe fun border of melted candy around edges. Attach candies and/or cake decorations with decorator icing. Tie ribbons around tops of sticks, if desired.

These cookies are designed as accessories for our Dark Chocolate Graveyard Pots de Crème, but they also make a nice Halloween snack. Follow the simple design or cut the gravestones into more elaborate shapes topped with crosses or lunettes.

This is a true chocolate-lover's dessert: rich, thick puddings topped with chocolate wafer "dirt" and cookie "gravestones." Best of all, you can make the puddings with very little fuss using a microwave and a blender.

Dark Chocolate Graveyard Pots de Crème

Ingredients

• 14 ounce(s) (about 3 cups) semisweet or bitter-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
  • 1/3 cup(s) coffee-flavored liqueur
  • 1/2 cup(s) chocolate wafer crumbs
  • Tombstone Cookies

Directions

1. In a food processor or blender, whirl chocolate until finely chopped. Pour into a bowl. Put eggs and yolks in the processor or blender.

2. In a 4-cup glass measure, heat whipping cream in a microwave oven (see Tips & Techniques) at full power (100 percent) until cream boils, 3 to 5 minutes.

3. With processor or blender on high speed, add boiling cream to egg. Check temperature of mixture with an instant-read thermometer; if below 160 degrees, pour mixture back into glass measure and reheat in microwave oven at full power until it reaches 160 degrees, stirring and checking at 15-second intervals.

4. Combine hot cream mixture, chopped chocolate, and liqueur in blender or processor (or whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl); whirl until smooth, about 1 minute.

5. Pour chocolate mixture into 8 ramekins or glasses (1/2-cup size). Chill until softly set, 30 to 45 minutes. If making ahead, cover and chill up to 1 day. For creamiest texture, let desserts stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before eating.

6. Spoon 1 tablespoon wafer crumbs onto each pot de crème. Insert a Tombstone Cookie into each serving.

Tombstone Cookies

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a blender, whirl cocoa nibs until each is about the size of a grain of rice.
  2. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until creamy; beat in egg and vanilla.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa nibs; gradually add to butter mixture, blending thoroughly, to form a soft dough. Divide dough into thirds, cover each portion tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm (at least 1 hour), or up to 3 days.
  4. On a floured board, roll out dough, a portion at a time, to a thickness of 1/8 in. (keep dough refrigerated when not in use). With a sharp knife, cut out free-form tombstone shapes (about 1 1/2 by 3 in.; cut bottom edges at an angle to make them easier to poke into the pots de crème), and place slightly apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle generously with sugar.
  5. Bake cookies until edges are lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool completely before handling.
  6. Using a pastry bag with a very fine tip, pipe the letters "RIP" in chocolate on at least 8 of the cookies. Stick these cookies into the Dark Chocolate Graveyard Pots de Crème and serve the rest of the cookies alongside.

Haunting (but not daunting) snack cakes get a makeover with ready-made white frosting.

Chocolate Ghost Cakes

Ingredients

• 1/2 container(s) (12-ounce) ready-to-spread white frosting
  • 1 package(s) (11-ounce) cream-filled chocolate cake squares
  • 1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating gel

Directions

1. Microwave frosting in a microwave-safe bowl at High 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted; stir until smooth. Let stand 2 minutes.
  2. Place 1 cup melted frosting in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe frosting onto each cake square in the shape of a ghost, adding remaining frosting to bag as needed. Pipe 2 dots on each cake using black gel to form eyes.

Finally, celebrate the harvest season with this twist on traditional chocolate fudge. These sweet little squares feature canned pumpkin, white chocolate, and marshmallow crème.

Pumpkin Fudge

Ingredients

• 3 cup(s) sugar
  • 3/4 cup(s) melted butter
  • 2/3 cup(s) evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup(s) canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoon(s) corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 package(s) (12-ounce) white chocolate morsels
  • 1 jar(s) (7-ounce) marshmallow crème
  • 1 cup(s) chopped pecans, toasted
  • 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

Directions

1. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees F (soft-ball stage) or for about 12 minutes.
  2. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 9-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares. Yields 3 pounds of Fudge.

Tips & Techniques

Line pan with aluminum foil before you begin to cook the fudge. Once the candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F and the remaining ingredients are added, quickly spoon the fudge into the pan.

Celebrate this Halloween in Style, just click below and this adorable Pumpkin Witch will greet your Halloween visitors...

Have A Safe & Happy Halloween My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2011 3:24:34 AM

hey phil.

i have never heard of pumpkin fudge before but is sounds wonderful. thank you for posting this. just copied and pasted and sent to myself in an email so i would have it always. i'm going to make it this weekend.

pat

Quote:

Hi Pat,

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I'll be sure and stop by over at your Halloween Thread as well.

Friends, Halloween is the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen, and these party treats are sure to please all of those trick-or-treaters whether young or old. You can pack them up for the kids' school parties, serve them at your own festive affair, or hand them out to the costumed kids that come by on All Hallow's Eve.

Pumpkin Fudge

Ingredients

• 3 cup(s) sugar
  • 3/4 cup(s) melted butter
  • 2/3 cup(s) evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup(s) canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoon(s) corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 package(s) (12-ounce) white chocolate morsels
  • 1 jar(s) (7-ounce) marshmallow crème
  • 1 cup(s) chopped pecans, toasted
  • 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

Directions

1. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees F (soft-ball stage) or for about 12 minutes.
  2. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 9-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares. Yields 3 pounds of Fudge.

Tips & Techniques

Line pan with aluminum foil before you begin to cook the fudge. Once the candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F and the remaining ingredients are added, quickly spoon the fudge into the pan.

Celebrate this Halloween in Style, just click below and this adorable Pumpkin Witch will greet your Halloween visitors...

Have A Safe & Happy Halloween My Friends,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2011 3:55:50 AM

Hi Pat,

I'm so glad that you liked the Fudge. Last year was the first time that I had made it myself and it was delicious, so I will definitely make it again this year.

It's really just the Fantasy Fudge Recipe from the Kraft Marshmallow Creme Jar, with the addition of the canned Pumpkin and the Pumpkin Pie Spice, and of course, I use White Chocolate Chips rather than Dark Chocolate Chips. There are many variations that I like to try from time to time.

Maple Walnut

Substitutions: Use 12 oz white chips and 2 teaspoons of maple extract.

Whopper Fudge:

Use white or chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups of whoppers, (malt balls) cut in half

Craisin Fudge… almond Umm good!!!

Use white chips and add
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 drops of food coloring
1 1/2 cups craisins
2/3 cups sliced almonds

Cookies and Cream

Use white chips, vanilla extract and add broken Oreo cookies.

Peanut Butter Fudge is a little bit different, NO CHIPS!!!

Just substitute 16 or 24 oz jar of chunky peanut butter for the chips..(Jiff or Skippy)

At Christmas time I always make some Fudge to give all of my favorite Waitresses and other folks that have treated me so well during the year. I had to cut back a little last year due to my illnesses, however I still made about thirty pounds of Fudge to give away. I generally make up trays of goodies for all of the Restaurant owners as well, with Cookies, Fudge, and sometimes homemade Fruit Cake on each tray. As I always say, I love to cook, and the smiles that I receive in return make it worth all of the effort and as you can imagine, I always enjoy great service wherever I choose to dime out.

Hope that you all enjoy the Fudge.

Have A Wonderful Halloween My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/25/2011 10:05:08 PM

Hello My Friends,

Not enough trick-or-treaters this year, or did you just buy too much candy? No worries, use up your leftover candy in these great recipes for cakes, cookies, cheesecakes, pies and other desserts.

Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert

INGREDIENTS:

4 packages instant chocolate pudding or mousse mix
1 large container whipped topping
1 box (18.5 ounce size) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
1 cup Kahlua
6 chocolate covered toffee candy bars, chopped

PREPARATION:

Prepare box mix as directed or your prepare your own chocolate cake recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan. When done, remove from the oven, poke holes in the cake and pour the Kahlua over the cake. Let cool.

Meanwhile prepare the pudding or mousse. Tear or crumble the cake into pieces. In a glass or trifle bowl, layer in this order: cake , pudding, whipped topping and candy bars. Repeat layers ending with chopped candy bars on top. Chill well. Serves 12.

Deep Fried Candy Bars

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold water
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 caramel covered candy bars
shortening or oil for frying

PREPARATION:

Mix flour, salt, and water until smooth, cover, and let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes. Stir baking powder into batter.

Place shortening or oil in a deep fat fryer, insert thermometer, and begin heating over high heat. Dip candy bars into batter, allowing excess to drain off. Fry in 375
degrees F fat until golden and crisp. Drain on paper toweling. Serves 4.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS:

32 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
5 eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipping cream
8 peanut butter cup candies
*** Crust***
1 1/2 package graham crackers, crushed
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar

PREPARATION:

Crust: Mix all ingredients and pat into a 10" spring form pan.

Cake: Chop peanut butter cups. Cream the cheese until light. Add sugar and beat some more. Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each. Mix in cream, vanilla and cornstarch. Stir in candy. Pour into crust and bake at 350
degrees F for 1 hour or so until outside edge is firm and middle is still soft. When the cake comes out of the oven run a knife around the edge. Cool for several hours then top with melted chocolate. Serves 10.

Butterfinger Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1 angel food cake, crumbled
1/2 cup butter
4 egg yolks
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed slightly
8 large Butterfinger candy bars

PREPARATION:

Freeze candy bars in wrappers for at least two hours. Crush bars (while in wrappers) using a rolling pin. Cream butter, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla and add Cool Whip.

In a 9 x 13 inch pan layer half of the angel food cake; a layer of half of the Cool Whip mixture; then a layer of half of the crushed candy bars; repeat. Serves 12.

And finally, my favorite...

Halloween Haul Poke Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1 package (18 1/4 ounce size) yellow cake mix
10 fun-size candy bars, divided
1 can (14 ounce size) sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (12 ounce size) caramel ice cream topping
1 carton (12 ounce size) frozen whipped topping, thawed

PREPARATION:

Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Chop six candy bars. Remove cake from the oven; immediately sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 20 holes in warm cake. Pour milk over cake; cool for 10 minutes.

Pour ice cream topping over cake; cool completely.

Spread whipped topping over cake. Chop remaining candy bars; sprinkle over cake. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Serves 12.

Wishing You & Yours A Happy Halloween,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!