Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Now, That's Italian!
7/16/2013 10:02:42 PM
Hi Phil,

35 pounds that is wonderful. I bet you are feeling better with losing that much. Keep up the good work.
Here this little guy will cheer you on.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/17/2013 1:29:19 AM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for the Congrats. Believe it or not, I've still got a LONG way to go. My first goal is to get down to under 375 lbs. so that I can buy a Lift Chair for less than $500, instead of over $1,700. At over 400 lbs., those chairs can be real expensive.

Although I'm not sure this fit's the "Italian" topic, here's another Noodle Recipe that I like. I absolutely love these Miracle Noodles. The recipe possibilities are endless, and the best part is, I can really chow down on this stuff and still stay within my Weight Watchers Points. One of the worst parts of dieting (and the part that causes us all to want to cheat) is the fact that we often don’t feel full or satisfied from the low calorie meals and that’s what I adore about Miracle Noodles. You can eat a LOT of it, plus, if you bulk it up with lots of veggies, you can really get a a lot of bang for your buck, so to speak. So you feel like you are being bad…but you are actually being good.

Creamy Pasta with Roasted Peppers and Broccoli

Ingredients
4 packs of any Miracle Noodle Pasta (I recommend the Rigatoni or Fetuccini)
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Cheese (preferably the Swiss flavored)
1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
1 pound broccoli florets (6 cups)
2 6-oz. jars whole pimientos or roasted peppers, drained and diced
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
Directions
Warm the oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat for two minutes. Add the broccoli and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and cover. Cook broccoli until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
Drain and rinse the pasta and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Put the pasta in a microwave safe bowl and cover top the pasta with the Laughing Cow wedges. Microwave until cheese has softened almost to the point of completely melting, approximately 1 minute. Then,, mix the cheese in very well with the pasta. Next, toss the pasta with the diced peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the broccoli over pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Serves 4.
Have A Blessed Week My Friend,
Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2013 3:24:05 PM

Hello My Friends,

I added carrot and fresh garlic to this spaghetti sauce, and even made the meatballs healthier by using whole wheat breadcrumbs and fresh parsley. I usually serve it over whole grain Vermicelli Noodles or some Angel Hair Pasta from Miracle Noodles.

Italian Spaghetti Sauce With Meatballs

1 pound lean ground beef

To accompany your meal, try this Parmesan Broccoli along with a fresh homemade loaf of Garlic Brfead for a little something different.

Parmesan Broccoli

Directions:

Preheat a baking sheet on the lower rack in a 450 oven. Blanch 1 head chopped broccoli in boiling water with salt and sliced garlic for 1 minute; drain. Toss with a splash of olive oil, a handful each of breadcrumbs and parmesan, salt and pepper. Place on the hot baking sheet and top with more cheese and breadcrumbs; roast until golden, 15 minutes. Serves 4.

Have A Happy Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/8/2013 6:56:54 PM

Hello Friends,

Baked until bubbly with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and sausage, this is a ziti with a lot of flavor. This is the one thing that I am constantly asked to make again and again.

Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage

1 (16 ounce) package dry ziti pasta
1 pound mild Italian sausage
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 large yellow onion, minced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce,
divided
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Italian
cheese blend
1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)

Have A Great Day,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!