Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
I Am Inspired by Claude Monet
10/2/2011 9:33:31 PM

I am inspired by Claude Monet on so many levels. First as a gardener I appreciate the beauty of his painting of his gardens at Giverny. As some one enrapture by nature then his work to capture the light during different times of the day, especially early morning and evening, to show how that light changes how we see those images. Spiritually he wanted to awaken people through his work by showing the profound beauty of nature. I have included a couple of the beautiful paintings here and offer you a link to Google pictures where you can browse at your leisure.

Iris in Monet's Garden

claude-monet-dans-la-prairie

claude-monet-dans-la-prairie

Google Images for Monet

Live in Beauty

Nick Grimshawe

The SunShine Guy

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: I Am Inspired by Claude Monet
10/2/2011 10:39:53 PM

Hi Nick,

Monet is great! I'm really a big fan of nature scenes, and he made waterlilies look different each time he painted them. He really captured the different hues of outdoor greenery, probably painted at different times of day in differing amounts of sunlight & shade.

+1
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/3/2011 6:03:44 AM
Hi Kathleen,
Great to hear form you. Monet did paint an all different times of the day. He loved the light there. The light inspired him to share the beauty he saw through his eyes.

Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2011 8:13:21 PM
Nick,
I'm so lucky being so near to London, England.
I visited some of the great galleries and had the joy of viewing some Monets' first-hand.
The joy of standing in a room surrounded these by huge Monet paintings is indescribable.
The wonderful blues and greens are amazing.
I agree with everything that you say.

Monet has inspired me many times and as a professional gardener his colour schemes are often in my head.

Roger

+1
10/3/2011 9:50:19 PM

Nick, thank you for this!!! We need more art presentations and I can post here! I have always admired Claude Monet for doing it his way and coming up with so much beauty.

Claude Monet, photo by Nadar, 1899.

File:The Artist's Garden at Vétheuil.JPG

THE ARTIST'S GARDEN

Great to see you around also!! You have been missed!

Sara

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!