Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Home Business: It's Quite A Ride!
9/16/2011 8:52:17 PM

Home Business: It's Quite A Ride!
by: Nathaniel Balcom

You’ve made a decision and you’re going to do it.

You’re going to start a business right from your own home.

Great!

But?

What products do I have to sell or do I try and sell information?

Maybe I should join an affiliate program of some type that already has the products available for me to sell.

Welcome to the real world of home business!

This is just the beginning of the anxiety and tension that one feels as they step into the sometimes, deep and almost always unknown waters, of home business

When a person starts a home business it sets off a chain of events that can be both devastating and rewarding at the same time.

The expectations are always high and the realization that a home business, especially in the beginning, will take some serious work is a real blow for those that are not serious about such an undertaking.

Many people that I have spent time with discussing starting a business from their home truly had a real desire to have a business of their own because of the wonderful dreams they had in their head of fancy cars, big houses, and a lot of zeros in the numbers in their bank accounts, but realized after our discussion that those things are the end result of long hours and hard decisions. The majority of them changed their minds when they realize that being the operations officer of a home business operation is not a little walk in the park.

The business decisions that one has to make in the beginning when operating a business from home is a lonely and scary time because in a lot of cases the success or failure of that business rides on that decision and there is no other financial backing and no other board members working to help the business survive.

But, knowing all of this you take the plunge and sign -up with a couple of affiliate programs , build a website, start to advertise, and in general just feel good that you’re making some headway towards building your new business, even if you‘re the only one that can see that.

A month or so goes by and you haven’t made the $10,000.00 that you dreamed of and now your closest friends and even family members are starting to grumble that you’re just throwing away money on this nonsense.

This moment is probably one of the toughest times in a home business owners career because this is where the rubber meets the road. Many owners have told me of losing close friends because they decided to pursue their dream. Believe me when I tell you, if you attempt to make your dreams come true, you will surely lose some friends because the thought of actually being successful scares a lot of people.

These are the type of decisions that home business owners have to make everyday.

Everyday that is, until you are able to show those that are skeptical that your little one page website is starting to actually make some real money and is even starting to compete with your regular jobs’ income.

Now the skeptics are giving you a second look, take you serious, and even start to ask you questions about how you’re doing it and how much does it cost you to operate the business that they said you were crazy to get involved with in the first place.

There is no thrill better than to show your first check and to know that you understand how you made that money and to know that you have within yourself the knowledge and ability, regardless to what anyone else says, to multiply that income by 30%, 50%, or even 500% if you just knuckle down and apply yourself.

Yes, the home business arena is a very competitive arena to work in, but, then in this year, isn’t the job market quite a challenge in itself.

The idea of being in business for yourself is an idea that we all ponder from time to time but the thrill of the ride to get to your idea of success is well worth the frustrations and thrills that you must go through to get there.

Never let anyone steal your dreams and if you have a desire to have your own home business, then go for it, because you never know what you can do until you try.

About The Author

This article was written by Nathaniel Balcom. You’re invited to visit the group at www.nbalcom.com/talk/. You can also contact the group by sending your email to nbalcom@msn.com.

This article may be republished provided this resource box is included as a part of the article.

Learn about the "Best Homebased Business" at www.nbalcom.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!