Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Let's Let Both Congressional Houses Know They Work For Us!
8/3/2011 6:46:43 PM
CONGRESSIONAL REFORM ACT OF 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

If you agree with the above, pass it on by email.

We would have a hugely different outcome if the elected officials went off the premise that the founding fathers intended. There weren't supposed to be professional politicians. We could change the way Washington is run if the majority of the American people would become involved.

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Let's Let Both Congressional Houses Know They Work For Us!
8/3/2011 8:35:49 PM
AMEN! I have seen this before somewhere and will happily sign the petition. Post it elsewhere and send to my friends. Thanks Cheryl!

Quote:
CONGRESSIONAL REFORM ACT OF 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

If you agree with the above, pass it on by email.

We would have a hugely different outcome if the elected officials went off the premise that the founding fathers intended. There weren't supposed to be professional politicians. We could change the way Washington is run if the majority of the American people would become involved.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/3/2011 9:01:55 PM
Hey Cheryl,

I am all in and need to know where to get and send the petitions.

Rick Martin
Always Ask What would Christ do and follow your heart.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/3/2011 10:26:58 PM

Hi Cheryl,

Sounds Great! Where do I sign?

The last round of "Debate" about raising the Debt Ceiling was like an old Three Stooges Comedy. I was really ashamed to admit that I'm a Republican, because they were acting just as Infantile as the Dummycrats. As my Daddy used to say, "None of them just ain't worth the Powder it would take to get rid of them!"

Anyway, here's a joke that I posted a few days ago over at my Humor Thead that seems to be appropriate here as well...

Do You Realize...

A tourist parked his car in downtown Washington, D.C. He said to a man standing near the curb, "Listen, I'm going to be only a couple of minutes. Would you watch my car while I run into this store?"

"What?" the man huffed. "Do you realize that I am a member of the United States Congress?"

"Well, no," the tourist said, "I didn't realize that. But it's all right. I guess I'll just have to trust you anyway."

Have A Happy Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
8/5/2011 11:17:36 PM

Thanks for posting this Cheryl!!! I got an email also and totally agree with this. Wish we could make it happen and yes I would sign it!!!

Have you melted yet? It looked like you still were not getting any relief down your way. We did finally get a couple of showers yesterday and today, it felt very good and I am very thankful.

Love,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!