Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
ARTICLE: Small Business Makes Big Profit!
12/29/2005 1:43:05 PM
'Twas the month before Christmas and, in house after house, the shoppers were buying - with a click of the mouse! Do you know how much money a billion dollars is? If you could shop your brains out, spending $10,000.00 every day, 7 days a week, it would take you about 274 years to spend a billion dollars. Imagine a stack of one thousand dollar bills that stretched 3,280 feet into the sky. More than twice the height of the Empire State Building, or almost double the height of the CN Tower for Canadians. 3,280 feet of one THOUSAND dollar bills. That's a billion dollars. Now, imagine 19 of those stacks. Nineteen stacks of thousand dollar bills, each stretching over three thousand feet into the air. That's the amount of money that consumers spent online in November and December alone. If you're thinking the big dogs just got bigger, you'd be wrong. 2005 was a landmark year for small businesses online. According to Forrester Research, small businesses scooped 45% of online holiday sales. 45% of 19 billion dollars. The increase in small business sales is being credited to two things: Google and "consumers who are fussier than ever." In a New York Times article, Gene Alvarez, an analyst with Gartner, said; "Before, people couldn't find these smaller guys, but now [they] can be much more easily discovered on Google." Those numbers aren't hypothetical and they aren't theory. They're fact. Among my own client database, I have clients whose sales ranged from $16,000.00 to $100,000.00 over the holidays. The Internet has levelled the playing field like never before. Many small business owners will look at those numbers and sink farther into the depths of despair and their scarcity mindset. Some will feel self pity that they don't know how to achieve those results. Others feel anger that their site isn't working, or contempt for those who are succeeding. Most sad, perhaps, are the people who will sigh and believe that such good things could never happen to them. But, a select group of people will read those numbers and get excited. In their minds will be one thought; it is possible, therefore it is possible for me, too. I just need to learn how. Henry Ford once said; "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right." Which group are you in? : ) Linda P.S. If you could get your hands on a treasure map (free or very affordable) that would teach you the steps to success - with no recruiting, no MLM, no downlines - would you be interested in hearing more about it? Feedback on the article is welcome, too.
+0
Re: ARTICLE: Small Business Makes Big Profit!
12/29/2005 3:08:19 PM
Hi Linda, When I read that I did think, "Well it sure wasn't my business that took off" and then almost an instant later I thought "But what can I do to make it my business that gets going" and so I am going to keep plugging away at it. I was reading quite a few of the articles on your site yesterday for some inspiration. I would love to see what you come up with that would teach me the steps to success. Martha
+0
12/29/2005 3:50:25 PM
Hi Linda, Good ol uncle Henery Henry Ford once said; "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right." LOL just kiddin! No Kin, Johnny Ford
+0
12/29/2005 6:09:26 PM
P.S. If you could get your hands on a treasure map (free or very affordable) that would teach you the steps to success - with no recruiting, no MLM, no downlines - would you be interested in hearing more about it? Yes, I would be very interested!
+0
12/29/2005 9:59:32 PM
Interesting food for thought & inspiration Linda!! Thanks
Lani's Gift Emporium http://www.lanisgifts.com Browse through our dazzling selection of top quality gifts for all occasions. While your there remember to email us for your FREE $10.00 Gift Card!
+0