Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Up the Down Staircase by Dr. Robert Anthony
12/28/2005 11:47:36 AM
Hi everyone, I have gotten so much value out of the Rapid Manifestation Program by Dr. Robert Anthony and I want to share another article from one of his free ebooks that comes with the program. I hope you enjoy it too! UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE If you are like most people, you will hustle and bustle through every single moment of the day. I wonder just how much of this hustling and bustling is really necessary for maximum production. I remember when I was a young boy; my parents would take me to a department store that had an escalator. I would always run ahead of them to the escalator, to the moving staircase, and start to run up the “down” staircase. I’m sure everyone has tried it. It’s an interesting procedure. You run like mad and stay in the same place while other people on the staircase are not running at all and yet they’re going somewhere and, you know, human life is so much like this. Activity doesn’t always mean action. Sometimes we do the most when we appear to be doing nothing. A lot of time is wasted in fussing over nonessentials. We can ill afford this extravagant output of wasted strength. Sooner or later we simply have to decide what is important and what is not important because if we try to do everything at once we’ll end up by doing more harm than good. This mind is a delicate and complex instrument subject to strains and stresses from within and without. Too much pressure can often result in a breakdown. Mental fatigue can be far more exhausting than bodily weariness. As I see it, there is only one way to keep going and that’s by constant communication with the Source within us, the Source of all life and vitality. There is a point of stillness a the hub of the whirling wheel of time and it’s to that center that we must learn to withdraw if we are not to be broken on the spokes or fall off the edge. Quietness at the heart of activity is the only place where God can get to us, so if we want peace, we must put ourselves in a position to receive it. This is the secret of the renewal of mental, physical and spiritual strength. Having found this place within you, you will experience the confidence of mind that has found its true center. A mind that has found its true center has found poise like an ant walking along a balance beam that finds the center of the beam is stationary. So it is with us. Among your hustling and bustling take time out to be still and say, “Am I really running up the ‘down’ staircase?” All too often we are with our own will running against the tide of life. If you find yourself running up the “down” staircase, swiftly get off and stand still on the “up” staircase, and that “up” staircase is a staircase of quiet meditation. ________ This is an article by Dr. Robert Anthony from one of the free ebooks - 50 Ideas That Can Change Your Life - included with Dr. Anthony's Rapid Manifestation Program
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Up the Down Staircase by Dr. Robert Anthony
12/28/2005 12:40:54 PM
Very calming read, Linda! Thanks for giving me a time out by coming to read your posts! This may sound like an oxymoron, but it's easier for me to come read your post and meditate than to go pick up a book. I know that you'll understand that..
+0
Sherry Neice

29 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/28/2005 1:21:53 PM
Hi Linda, Thanks for the invite, very nice article. Gives you something to think about and another perspective.
Massive Success, Sherry Neice
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
12/28/2005 4:09:36 PM
Yes, I do understand that Sandy ... and I'm very glad I can be here for you. I appreciate you!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!