Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Wishing All Of You A Happy 2011
12/31/2010 4:32:25 PM

Hello My Friends,

Here's hoping that the New Year ahead is filled with Good Times, Good Health, and most of all, Good Friends. All of you know that I just love a Good Recipe, so here's a...

Recipe for a Happy New Year

Take twelve fine, full-grown months; see that these are thoroughly free from old memories of bitterness, rancor and hate, cleanse them completely from every clinging spite; pick off all specks of pettiness and littleness; in short, see that these months are freed from all the past—have them fresh and clean as when they first came from the great storehouse of Time. Cut these months into thirty or thirty-one equal parts. Do not attempt to make up the whole batch at one time (so many persons spoil the entire lot this way) but prepare one day at a time.

Into each day put equal parts of faith, patience, courage, work (some people omit this ingredient and so spoil the flavor of the rest), hope, fidelity, liberality, kindness, rest (leaving this out is like leaving the oil out of the salad dressing— don’t do it), prayer, meditation, and one well-selected resolution. Put in about one teaspoonful of good spirits, a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor.

And of course, here's a Prayer that He will richly Bless You during this coming year.

Dear Lord, please give me…

A few friends who understand me and remain my friends;

A work to do which has real value, without which the world would be the poorer;

A mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed;

An understanding heart;

A sense of humor;

Time for quiet, silent meditation;

A feeling of the presence of God;

The patience to wait for the coming of these things,

And the wisdom to recognize them when they come. Amen.

May God Bless You & Keep You My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
RE: Wishing All Of You A Happy 2011
12/31/2010 4:41:58 PM

Thank you Phil for all the good wishes!

Bless you and yours and thanks for being a friend,

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2011 11:27:35 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks for stopping by with your Kind Wishes My Friend.

Have A Blessed New Year,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
1/2/2011 10:04:55 PM
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/Gillwho/Winter/100_2140-1.gif?t=1294005319
Have some fun reading A Curious Garden Talks. Great for children and fun loving adults,too! http://acuriousgardentalks.yolasite.com/about-me.php Who Let The Splashes Out??? Gillwho Did: http://gillwho.wordpress.com/
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2011 10:56:30 PM

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the Nice New Years Wishes and especially for the Beautiful Flower.

Have A Blessed & Bright New Year My Friend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!