Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Pumpkin Cheesecake
12/17/2010 2:18:52 AM

Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe
previous photo
of
next photo
photo by:
kraft

what you need

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup smart sugar or Stevia equivelant
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg
1/3 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Sugar Free Whipped Topping

make it

HEAT oven to 325ºF.

BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended. Remove 1 cup batter; place in medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin and spices.

SPRAY 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; sprinkle bottom with crumbs.

TOP with layers of plain and pumpkin batters. Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 3 hours. Serve topped with COOL WHIP.

kraft kitchens tips

STORAGE KNOW-HOW
Once thawed, refrigerate COOL WHIP Whipped Topping for up to 2 weeks or re-freeze.
NUTRITION BONUS
Each serving of this creamy cheesecake is both rich in vitamin A from the pumpkin and an excellent source of calcium from the cream cheese. Carb Choices: 1-1/2
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pumpkin Cheesecake
12/17/2010 2:38:23 AM

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the Invite. I love Pumpkin and I love Cheesecake, so this recipe is right up my alley my Friend. Pumpkin can also make a Wonderfully delicious cake, just like this one...

Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
4 eggs
1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
Directions:
HEAT oven to 350°F.
BEAT cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
BAKE 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
Have A Wonderful Holiday My Friend,
Phil
P.S. Like Christmas Cookies? Click Here for some wonderful Recipes.
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2010 9:07:39 AM

Oooooooooh.

We never see this pumkin food here and I loved pumpkin pie when I was in the US one Thanksgiving.

I might see if I can get my act together. The cake looks beautiful.

Ooooooooh

Roger

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2010 8:57:34 PM

Hi Roger,

Always great to meet another admirer of Pumpkin. As for Pumpkins and your health, in addition to being just plain good, they are also just plain good for you. They are low in fat, low in calories, and loaded with vitamins. Matter of fact, one cup of pumpkin puree has only 80 Calories, no Cholesterol, and less than 1 gram of Fat. Also, they're a great source of Potassium.

But enough about that Healthy Stuff, here's an easy Cake made with canned pumpkin and yellow cake mix. It would be a nice change from Pumpkin Pie at your next holiday get together. Serve with either vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

Pumpkin Dessert Cake

Ingredients

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 cup butter, chilled
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Set aside 1 cup of cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix with melted butter and 1 egg and mix until well blended; spread mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
  3. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, 3 eggs and pumpkin pie spice; mix well and pour this mixture over cake mix mixture in baking dish.
  4. In a small bowl with a pastry blender, or in a food processor, combine chilled butter and white sugar with reserved cake mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over all.
  5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden.

Have A Very Merry Christmas My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2010 10:15:14 PM

Sounds good to me.

Roger

+0

facebook