Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Merry Christmas Sweet Thangs
12/2/2011 4:29:04 AM

Hi Pat,

Thanks for stopping by and Thanks so much for the Cookie Recipes. I love to Bake, so as you can imagine Christmas is always my favorite Holiday because of all of the great Goodies!

Here's Day One of the 24 days of Cookies this year. Indulge in these chocolate-frosted cookies with a marshmallow center made easier with a cookie mix.

Chocolate-Marshmallow Pillows

Cookies
pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix
1/4
cup vegetable oil
tablespoons water
egg
2/3
cup chopped pecans
large marshmallows, cut in half
Frosting
cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1/3
cup whipping cream
teaspoon butter or margarine
teaspoon vanilla
1/2
cup powdered sugar
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water, egg and pecans until soft dough forms.
  2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately press marshmallow half lightly, cut side down, on top of cookie. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until marshmallows begin to soften. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, in 1-quart nonstick saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add whipping cream, butter and vanilla; blend well. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
  5. Spread frosting over each cooled cookie, covering marshmallow. Let stand until frosting is set. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Wishing You A Wonderful Christmas My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2011 5:04:48 AM

Hello Friends,

Moving on in our Countdown to Christmas, here's Day Two of the 24 days of Cookies for this year. Looking for a dessert made with Gold Medal® flour? Then check out these great raspberry almond bars - a chewy treat that my family loves.

Chewy Raspberry Almond Bars

1 1/2
cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2
cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3/4
cup packed light brown sugar
1/2
teaspoon salt
3/4
cup cold butter or margarine
egg, beaten
3/4
cup seedless red raspberry jam
cup fresh raspberries (6 oz)
1/2
cup sliced almonds
  1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with baking spray with flour.
  2. In large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. To remaining mixture, stir in egg until just moistened.
  3. Press dough firmly and evenly into bottom of pan, using fingers or bottom of measuring cup. Spread with jam. Arrange raspberries over jam. Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly over raspberries.
  4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Makes 16 bars

May Your Christmas Be Bright & Joyful,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2011 11:40:00 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm afraid that I've gotten a little behind in my Countdown, so here's both Day Three and Day Four of the 24 days of Cookies for this year.

First of all, jump-start a double chocolate and caramel cookie with a foolproof sugar cookie mix.

Caramel Filled Sandies

pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/4
cup finely chopped toasted pecans
tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2
cup butter or margarine, softened
egg
caramel candies, unwrapped (from 14 oz bag)
tablespoons half and half
1/3
cup dark chocolate chips, melted
1/3
cup white baking chips, melted
tablespoon coarse sea salt
  1. In medium bowl, combine cookie mix, pecans, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Shape into 1 1/2–inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.
  2. Bake at 375° F for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool; place cookies on cooling racks. Cool completely.
  3. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave caramels and half and half uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel into indentation of each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.
  4. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate and white baking chips. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Makes 3 dozen cookies

Next, enjoy cheesecake as an easy bar together with gooey caramel, rich toffee and crunchy nuts.

Praline Crumb Caramel Cheesecake Bars

Cookie Base and Topping
pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2
cup cold butter or margarine
1/2
cup chopped pecans
1/2
cup toffee bits
Filling
packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2
cup sugar
1/2
cup caramel topping
teaspoon vanilla
egg
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place cookie mix in bowl; cut in butter using pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, 1/4 cup of the caramel topping, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
  3. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked cookie base. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping, pecans and toffee bits.
  4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator. Makes 36 bars

Have A Very, Merry Christmas,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2011 4:43:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Moving on ahead in our Countdown to Christmas, here's Day Five of the 24 days of Cookies for this year. Bite into this sweet chocolate sandwich with the rich & creamy marshmallow filling.

Chocolate-Mallow Cookie Pies

Cookies
pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3
cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/3
cup sour cream
1/4
cup butter or margarine, softened
teaspoon vanilla
egg
Filling
2/3
cup marshmallow creme
1/3
cup butter, softened
1/2
teaspoon vanilla
2/3
cup powdered sugar
Topping
tablespoon powdered sugar
1/8
teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, cocoa and flour. Add sour cream, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the egg; stir until stiff dough forms.
  2. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press each ball to flatten slightly.
  3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
  4. In small bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer until light and fluffy. For each cookie pie, spread about 2 teaspoons filling on bottom of 1 cooled cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; gently press cookies together.
  5. In small bowl, stir together topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops of cookie pies. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container. Makes 18 sandwich cookies.

Have A Wonderful Christmas Friends,

Phil

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/13/2011 8:51:53 AM
i like the chocolate sandwich recipe that you posted Phil. i posted a few new cookie recipes in my fun forum too. christmas cookies

pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!