Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A RUSSIAN MODERN MYSTIC - NICHOLAS ROERICH
1/17/2011 3:06:22 AM
Quote:
HI Luis,

The more you post of Nicholas Roerich paintings the better they get.

Jill would love this one. Sound really good for the Mountain of Love. What do you think?

Hugs,
Myrna

Yes Myrna, you are right. I believe Nicholas Roerich must have been thinking of Shamballa when he painted this wonderful gem of a painting. And Shamballa has many common features with the kingdom Aggartha which, if I am not mistaken, is supposed to be located beneath Mount Shasta.

Blessings,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2011 2:28:17 AM
Dear Roger, Sara, Myrna et al,

To me, opening this topic on Nicholas Roerich has been like a discovery travel. I now find it unbelievable that I suddenly decided to feature him just after seeing his
Kalki Avatar as if by chance, and that I then tried to learn all I could about someone who appeared to be interested in this and other saintly characters of the New Age such as Maitreya and El Maddhi - as I myself was. But if I at all did this was because it was his artistic facet that I was mainly interested in in order to put together a new and decent thread, and nothing else - at least at first.

In effect, those who have followed this thread may have noted that I knew very little about Nicholas Roerich in the beginning – only the info that you would usually gather about an artist and, perhaps, a philosopher and public figure as were in seeming his most visible activities - and that only later did I begin to discover his other, more transcendental facets as a true Renaissance man: a mystic, a
writer, the founder of countless institutions and a traveller and organizer of major expeditions to Central Asia, such as the “Manchurian Expedition”

Little did I suspect, however, that the object of such expeditions could be to find the enigmatic lost city of Shambala in the heart of Asia, and that by that time he had already
co-founded the Agni-Yoga Society with his wife, a theosophist, and that he himself had become a theosophist and the
channeler of the Ascended Master El Morya, a major avatar in the pantheon of Theosophy…

Least of all, that Nicholas Roerich himself would be recognised after his demise in
1947 in Kullu, India, as an Ascended Master in the Ancient Wisdom by Theosophists and New Age people alike.

On the other hand, I was not completely deprived of insight into his deepest interests, since from the start I perceived a New Age forerunner of sorts. However, it was as if Nicholas Roerich’s perhaps most transcendental and enigmatic features had all been kept secret from me only to be disclosed, little by little, later on.

Can you imagine, for example, that long before his death he reportedly was behind the adoption of the
“All Seeing Eye” in the one dollar bill by the US government? You may take a look at an article about that fascinating episode in the history of the United States of America here. But to have written and posted a short article myself about the “All Seeing Eye” mainly based on it, in Sept 9 of 2010, long before I started this thread in Dec 12 of 2010, and have missed precisely that point … that certainly is unforgivable. (By the way, you may see my own short article here.)

And like these, many other traits. Below I give a short list of pages where you can find a lot of info about Nicholas Roerich. For example, apart from a good biography on Wikimedia, the one listed at the end is especially good.

The page El Morya in Prophecy, the New Era and the Age of Maitreya offers “channelled” messages by N. Roerich himself.

The All-Seeing Eye, The President, The Secretary and The Guru (see mainly “Wallace's Occult Connections” in this page)

El Morya in Prophecy, the New Era and the Age of Maitreya

Ascended Master Nicholas Roerich

Biography of Nicholas Roerich

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2011 10:20:43 AM
Dear Friends,

Another fascinating trait in
Nicholas Roerich's art is he seems to have been the only landscape painter in the west (and maybe in the entire world) to portray mountains, and also clouds, displaying fantastic forms suggesting human (?) faces and even entire figures. I will try to make a sample of these to show here soon, but for the moment I will only show one of each below.

Zoroaster (1931)

Gesar Khan. 1941

Best Wishes,
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/27/2011 10:02:28 PM

Another jewel by Nicholas Roerich.

Lao Tse. Banners of the East Series.
1924. Tempera on canvas. 73.6x117 cm.
Bolling Collection, Grand Haven, Michigan, USA

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/28/2011 5:46:29 PM

Sketch for "Kalki Avatar" (1933)

Pencil on paper. 22.8 x 31.2 cm.

Nicholas Roerich Museum, New York

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!