Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A RUSSIAN MODERN MYSTIC - NICHOLAS ROERICH
11/23/2010 12:26:48 AM

Myrna,

I don't think that it's anything other than a cloud, however, I see what you mean.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/24/2010 1:58:00 AM
Quote:
Great piece of art Luis!

You have really worked on your research there about this painter and I found it interesting that he had scandinavian heritage.

Hello Mattias,

I too found interesting that Nicholas Roerich had Scandinavian heritage. Could his love of travel and discovering new exotic lands have been due to it?

Anyway, I am so sorry for this long delay in my reply to you that I wish to atone for it by means of this extraordinary oil painting just found for the occassion. I hope you like it.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Nicholas Roerich - Sea Coast Dwellers: Evening (oil on canvas, 1906)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/24/2010 2:36:14 AM
Quote:

Lovely piece of art.

I really loved them.

Thanks for this post.

Gani.

My dear Mohammed Gani,

Welcome back to this forum. I am so glad that you love Nicholas Roerich's art that I would like to present you with this beatiful painting by him - one of the most exquisite landscape paintings that I have ever seen.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Nicholas Roerich -
Spring. Kuluta series (tempera, 1931)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/24/2010 3:06:35 AM
Quote:
A Delight,

Thank You So Much For Sharing .

Bob Vaughan U.K.

Dear Bob,

You are welcome. I understand you are a great traveler too, like Nicholas Roerich. I would like to share with you yet another of his great little paintings, so simple in appearance in its post-card like beauty but at the same time most profound in religious meaning.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Nicholas Roerich - The Star of the Morning (tempera, 1932)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/25/2010 3:31:46 AM
Dear art lovers and friends,

I thought I had already posted Nicholas Roerich's 'Elias the Prophet', one of his top masterpieces and one that looks like it was painted in oil, but incredibly, is a tempera on canvas. Well, I had not and here it is for you to see and wonder how he could get those diffuminated effects so easily in appearance. Sara and you, Roger, being painters, will surely know how difficult that can be.

On my part, after seeing this wonderful painting, my love and admiration of Nicholas Roerich's great art grew exponentially. In effect, this painting, and a few others by him as well, remind me of similar paintings by Pieter Brueghel the Elder, the great Flemish artist of the 16th century who painted apparently with no effort such incredible and monumental master works as The Tower of Babel and The Fall of Icarus, much in the way the other great Flemish painter Hieronymus Bosch had as well.

With all this said, here is the painting (at long last). You may click on it for an astounding enlargement.

Enjoy,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Nicholas Roerich - Elias the Prophet (tempera, 1931)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!