Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Dehli 2010
10/3/2010 6:09:25 PM
Hi Roger,
CONGRATULATIONS to India on the Commenwealth games. Wouldn't it be nice if wars were waged with the outcome of games rather than gunfire?
Actually there is another battle being waged this weekend pitting different countries against each other in golf. I believe it is the Ryder cup and so far the score is Europe 9 1/2-United States 6 1/2. The half point was gained by two Italian brothers, I believe their names are Mario and Luigi.

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2010 8:59:11 PM
Quote:

Having lived in India for over 3 years. and getting jobs done. It could drive you mad, no amount of screaming and shouting will help. They will just tell you. Ah it is OK it will be finished on time sir.

I really did not think they would be ready on time. But thats the way it is over there. They work a a pace to suit them, then panic near the end of the job. You have to hand it to them though.

They did it. (In the end)

Mike,

Indeed they did. Like all great countries that are on the up there are many mistakes to repeat and many failures, but, I am confident that they will be a balance to the emerging Chinese powerhouse.

I am jealous that you have had the experience. I cannot wait to visit India.

Great to see you here.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2010 9:03:42 PM

Quote:
Hi Roger,
CONGRATULATIONS to India on the Commenwealth games. Wouldn't it be nice if wars were waged with the outcome of games rather than gunfire?
Actually there is another battle being waged this weekend pitting different countries against each other in golf. I believe it is the Ryder cup and so far the score is Europe 9 1/2-United States 6 1/2. The half point was gained by two Italian brothers, I believe their names are Mario and Luigi.

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~

You are so right Mike.

The Golf:

I'm sorry to say that Wales has offered more than a little rain. Still looks good for Europe at present, it was a great day.

I drove home in a torrent last night. It feels like the whole Atlantic has arrived by cloud. Serves us right for the summer drought.

Commonwealth games:

I'm so pleased for India and all of the countries involved in the games.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2010 11:55:57 PM
Hi Roger,

I am not sports minded at all, I don't ever remember hearing of these games, so I looked it up. Here is what I found.

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2010 12:42:27 AM

Quote:
Hi Roger,

I am not sports minded at all, I don't ever remember hearing of these games, so I looked it up. Here is what I found.

Hugs,
Myrna

Myrna,

The Commonwealth games are a hangover from the OLD British Commonwealth.

Most of the countries were protectorates or colonies of Britain at some time.

It is a bit like the Pan-American games but being small Britain couldn't do this soirt of scale.

It's wonderful for very tiny associated nations.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!