Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What is Glutathione?
9/20/2010 7:35:22 PM

Glutathione is a very simple molecule that is produced naturally all the time in your body. It is a combination of three simple building blocks of protein or amino acids -- cysteine, glycine and glutamine, this is why Glutathione is a tri-peptide.

The secret of its power is the sulfur (SH) chemical groups it contains. Sulfur is a sticky, smelly molecule. It acts like fly paper and all the bad things in the body stick onto it, including free radicals and toxins like mercurey and other heavy metals.

Normally glutathione is recycled in the body -- except when the toxic load becomes too great. And that explains why we are in such trouble ...

Glutathione is found in all cells in the body, including the bile, the epithelial lining fluid of the lungs, and—at much smaller concentrations—in the blood.

The highest concentration of glutathione is found in the liver, making it critically important in the detoxification and elimination of free radicals. Accumulation of these dangerous compounds can result in oxidative stress, which occurs when the generation of free radicals in the body exceeds the body’s ability to neutralize and eliminate them. Free radicals are highly reactive compounds created in the body during normal metabolic functions; they can also enter the body through the environment.

Glutathione has many functions. For example, glutathione plays a substantial role in the functioning of the body’s immune system. Its antioxidant property makes it vital to white blood cells (lymphocytes)—as it allows them to reach their full potential during the oxygen-requiring activity of the body’s immune response.

Patrick Morvan Network Manager at Our City Radio.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: What is Glutathione?
9/20/2010 8:36:22 PM

Thanks, I have never heard of Gluthathione. This was a most interesting thread with valuable information. Since you are also interested in health and fitness you might like to join my post where we are sharing ideas about managing arthritis. Same problems as you are discussing here when it comes to detoxification

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2415856/ShareYourIdeasAboutManagingArthritis.aspx?flag=40mahofst

My forum is called "Shared Ideas Means Community......." Come join the above thread or any of the other topics which are not health related. But since there is much to learn consider stopping on. Click on the above url.

+0
9/28/2010 5:22:57 AM
Here is someone of explains very well what glutathione is.

Patrick Morvan Network Manager at Our City Radio.
+0
Jose Palomino

242 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/7/2010 3:11:20 PM
Thanks Patrick
I use my spare time to help others to Become A Top 3% Online Earner!. http://www.trker.com/go/57389/Adlan-s
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!