Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dangers of MSG's and How to Avoid Them
9/14/2010 2:55:50 PM
Here's a list of all the side effects of MSG. Most of the products you eat contain MSG, just another way we are getting our bodies polluted. I am sure a lot of you know someone perhaps yourself that suffer from these symptoms..

My challenge for you is to look on every single label in your pantry for the words Monosodium Glutamate sometimes you have to look close because they will change it around sometimes.. In just about every pre-boxed quick to prepare food such as Hamburger Helpers, Macaroni and Cheese, Au-Gratin Potatoes, Soups, Etc...

Then you also don't know what you are eating when you eat out at restaurants. The stigma is that MSGs are at Chinese Restaurants, but they are actually at just about any type of restaurants. MSGs make the food taste more flavor-able and keep it from spoiling. But they are dangerous and destroying our body and minds.

Feel free to post your experience and pass a long to a friend that is ready to quit hurting or having brain fog.

Here's a short list of what MSG's cause:

• Headache, sometimes called MSG headache
  • Flushing
  • Sweating
  • Sense of facial pressure or tightness
  • Numbness, tingling or burning in or around the mouth
  • Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
  • Chest pain
  • Shortness of breath
  • Nausea
  • Weakness
  • burning sensation in the back of the neck, forearms and chest
  • numbness in the back of the neck, radiating to the arms and back
  • tingling, warmth and weakness in the face, temples, upper back, neck and arms
  • facial pressure or tightness
  • chest pain
  • headache
  • nausea
  • rapid heartbeat
  • bronchospasm (difficulty breathing) in MSG-intolerant people with asthma
  • drowsiness
  • weakness
There is help and there are quick prepared foods that contain no MSGs, and you can also help others in the process.

Some scientists believe MSG is a link to fibromyalgia. Very little reports and very few people know this.. To get your MSG free food go here http://www.robin.sundanceglobal.com/ To see more information about the effects of MSG I recommend this link I found or simply google it. http://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item1225
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Dangers of MSG's and How to Avoid Them
9/21/2010 11:10:37 AM

Hi Sara, You have posted some very useful information here. My philosophy is: If I can't read the ingredients listing I don't buy or serve it. Fresh, home canned, and ingredients I can identify are the criteria for purchasing food. Granted sometimes I go off the mark but the more a person adheres to that standard the healthier the person.

I know that too much MSG causes swelling in the joints. Swelling causes pain. Prevention is the key when it comes to avoiding the pain of swelling. Swollen ankles, knees will decrease mobility and then you have an over weight person looking at diabetes ad heart problems.

Keep us posted Sara as we all need health and wellness information to keep joy and vitality, quality of life. Stay pain free folks.

+0
RE: Dangers of MSG's and How to Avoid Them
9/21/2010 2:22:28 PM

Hello Sara & Mary, this is very good information and thanks for sharing.

Glad to meet another Sara also. Prevention is the key but what is so difficult in our fast-paced world is the quick meal that most go for. I see it here with the young parents, both working, raising children, going to functions - grab a pizza, chicken strips, burgers, cokes, fries and supper is ready. Also for mornings run by donut shop and stock up on nothing but sweets.

It would be great if we could get all fresh foods but we just can't. We have a garden each year but this year our yield has been almost nil. I do have lots of hot peppers and I am about the only one brave enough to eat them but I love them. They are rich in vitamin C and other nutrients. Like you Mary, I try to stay away from anything with MSG but it is in almost anything you buy. One thing I have treated my family to for years is home-cooked meals. We rarely eat out. These days you can't even trust the fresh foods you buy from the grocery. At least awareness will help us cut down on the consumption of MSG.

Thanks for the post,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!