Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
3/25/2017 5:10:16 PM

NEW WIKILEAKS VAULT 7 RELEASE PROVES THE CIA BUGS “FACTORY FRESH” IPHONES & OTHER DEVICES

JOE MARTINO

Wikileaks has released another portion of Vault 7 today called “Dark Matter.” In this telling release comes the story of the CIA’s involvement in bugging a number of Apple products, including iPhones and the Macbook Air.

In short, the leak exposes how the CIA infects Apple Mac computer firmware to gain ‘persistence’ on Apple devices, including laptops and phones. These projects have been developed by the CIA’s Embedded Development Branch (EDB).

WikiLeaks explains that this ‘bug’ allows an attacker/hacker to boot its attack software from a USB stick onto a device, even when a firmware password has been enabled. According to WiKiLeaks, the infector is stored in the Apple Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter.

Essentially, the leak suggests the CIA is bugging iPhones from their factory fresh state and that, regardless of whether or not the user deletes or re-installs an operating system, their phone is bugged. Data can be collected, devices can be hacked, and so forth.

— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) March 23, 2017

Below is WikiLeaks’ press release on the matter.

Today, March 23rd 2017, WikiLeaks releases Vault 7 “Dark Matter”, which contains documentation for several CIA projects that infect Apple Mac Computer firmware (meaning the infection persists even if the operating system is re-installed) developed by the CIA’s Embedded Development Branch (EDB). These documents explain the techniques used by CIA to gain ‘persistence’ on Apple Mac devices, including Macs and iPhones and demonstrate their use of EFI/UEFI and firmware malware.

Among others, these documents reveal the “Sonic Screwdriver” project which, as explained by the CIA, is a “mechanism for executing code on peripheral devices while a Mac laptop or desktop is booting” allowing an attacker to boot its attack software for example from a USB stick “even when a firmware password is enabled”. The CIA’s “Sonic Screwdriver” infector is stored on the modified firmware of an Apple Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter.

“DarkSeaSkies” is “an implant that persists in the EFI firmware of an Apple MacBook Air computer” and consists of “DarkMatter”, “SeaPea” and “NightSkies”, respectively EFI, kernel-space and user-space implants.

Documents on the “Triton” MacOSX malware, its infector “Dark Mallet” and its EFI-persistent version “DerStake” are also included in this release. While the DerStake1.4 manual released today dates to 2013, other Vault 7 documents show that as of 2016 the CIA continues to rely on and update these systems and is working on the production of DerStarke2.0.

Also included in this release is the manual for the CIA’s “NightSkies 1.2” a “beacon/loader/implant tool” for the Apple iPhone. Noteworthy is that NightSkies had reached 1.2 by 2008, and is expressly designed to be physically installed onto factory fresh iPhones. i.e the CIA has been infecting the iPhone supply chain of its targets since at least 2008.

While CIA assets are sometimes used to physically infect systems in the custody of a target it is likely that many CIA physical access attacks have infected the targeted organization’s supply chain including by interdicting mail orders and other shipments (opening, infecting, and resending) leaving the United States or otherwise.

Why Does This Matter?

We are learning the truth about what government agencies are doing behind the backs of citizens and without their approval. While it can be argued that these measures are taken for the sake of national security, there is much more at play here, and as Edward Snowden has always stated, the public deserves to know, and we all should decide whether or not this is right.

We are in a time when we are learning a great deal about the true workings of our world and governments, and the more we learn, the more questions we have — and rightly so. There is an ‘inconvenient truth’, if you will, that humanity is faced with and must begin to work through, and that is that we do not determine who is elected to our governments like we might think. Our governments are not who we think they are and do not have our best interests at heart.

We must accept this truth, because that is the only way we can begin to change our world and start creating one where humans can thrive. We have the capability to do so, but we must first take the manipulative forces out of the equation. Awareness of what is really going on is that first step. News stories like this help us begin asking those big questions that lead to understanding what’s really going on and then effecting change.

(collective-evolution.com)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2017 5:29:49 PM

Rachel Dolezal struggles after racial identity scandal

SPOKANE, Wash. — Mar 24, 2017, 3:51 PM ET

The Associated Press

In this March 20, 2017 photo, Rachel Dolezal poses for a photo with her son, Langston in the bureau of the Associated Press in Spokane, Wash. Dolezal, who has legally changed her name to Nkechi Amare Diallo, rose to prominence as a black civil rights leader, but then lost her job when her parents exposed her as being white and is now struggling to make a living. (AP Photo/Nicholas K. Geranios)

A white civil rights leader, fired because she led others to believe she was black, said she struggles to make a living these days because she was portrayed as a fraud.

Rachel Dolezal said she has been unable to find steady work in the nearly two years since her background became public in media reports, and she is uncertain about her future.

"I was presented as a con and a fraud and a liar," Dolezal told The Associated Press this week. "I think some of the treatment was pretty cruel."

Now 40, she still identifies as black, despite being "Caucasian biologically," she said. And she still has the darkened complexion and frizzy hair that allowed her for years to pass as a light-skinned black woman.

"People didn't seem able to consider that maybe both were true," she said. "OK, I was born to white parents, but maybe I had an authentic black identity."

Dolezal had blond hair and freckles while growing up near Troy, Montana, with religious parents. She said she began to change her perspective as a teenager, after her parents adopted four black children. Dolezal decided to become publicly black years later, after a divorce.

The ruse worked for years until 2015, when her parents, with whom she has long feuded, told local reporters their daughter was born white but was presenting herself as a black activist in the Spokane region, an area with few minorities.

The story became an international sensation, and Dolezal lost the various jobs by which she pieced together a modest living.

Attacked by both blacks and whites, she was fired as head of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP and was kicked off a police ombudsman commission. She also lost her job teaching African studies at Eastern Washington University in nearby Cheney.

Despite failing to find a job, Dolezal said, she must stay in the area because of a custody agreement involving one of her sons.

She has sold some of her artwork and braids hair to earn money. But she said local colleges have refused to hire her, as have nonprofits, government agencies and even grocery stores.

She was worried she might become homeless in March, but friends bought some of her artwork, which provided enough money to pay the rent for a few months.

Dolezal has written a book about her ordeal titled "In Full Color." It's scheduled to be published next week.

Last year, Dolezal legally changed her name to Nkechi Amare Diallo, a West African moniker that means "gift from the gods." She made the change in part to give herself a better chance of landing work from employers who might not be interested in hiring Rachel Dolezal, a name she still intends to use as her public persona.

"Maybe if I applied with a new name, people would see me for the qualifications and expertise on my resume, and not toss my application in the trash based on my name," she said.

The local chapter of the NAACP declined to comment on Dolezal.

"We moved on long ago," the organization said in an email.

But James Wilburn, a black community leader and former head of the NAACP in Spokane, said Dolezal's presentation of herself as black was troubling.

"Just come out and tell the truth. She struggles with that," Wilburn said.

Dolezal is the biological mother of two sons, ages 15 and 1, and also gained legal custody of a stepbrother, who is now 21 and a college student.

One of the reasons she wrote a book was to "settle the score."

"People might as well know the whole truth of my life story,'" she said. "My life is not a sound bite."

Race, she said, is a "social construct" used to pigeonhole people.

"I unapologetically stand on the black side," she said. "Blackness better defines who I am philosophically and socially than whiteness does."

It is hard for her to look toward the future, she said, when she is struggling to survive the present.

"I want to provide for my kids," she said. "I want to get back to activism. I'm no less committed to that work."

(abcNEWS)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2017 5:45:01 PM

The Unlikeable Donald Trump

(ANTIMEDIA) The latest Quinnipiac University poll shows Donald Trump’s approval rating has hit a new low of just 37 percent, matching numbers reported by Gallup and earning him the worst numbers for any president this early in a presidency since Gallup started polling 45 years ago. Just last week, a GenForward poll conducted at the University of Chicago showed only 22 percent of the 18-30-year-olds polled approve of Trump’s job performance, while 62 percent disapprove.

Quinnipiac surveyed 1,056 voters nationwide between March 16-March 21 to gather what can only be seen as bad news for the new president. “Most alarming for President Donald Trump, the demographic underpinnings of his support, Republicans, white voters, especially men and those without a college degree, are starting to have doubts,” notes Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Republican approval of the president is down ten percent, now at 81, with 14 percent disapproving, compared to 91 percent approval and 5 percent disapproval two weeks ago. Disapproval among women is at 60 percent, with 31 percent approving. Among Democrats, 90 disapprove while a mere 6 percent approve. Sixty percent of white voters also disapprove of the president’s job performance while 31 percent approve. Independent voters shared the same ratings as white voters — 60% disapproval and 31% approval — and non-white voters expressed disapproval at a rate of 75 percent, with 16 percent approving of the job Trump is doing.

Also hitting new lows are American voters’ opinions of Trump’s personal qualities. When asked, 60 percent said they believe he’s dishonest, 66 percent said he is not level-headed, 55 percent do not believe he has good leadership skills, and 61 percent said he does not share their values.A whopping 73 percent of voters believe “President Trump and his Administration make statements without evidence to support them ‘very often’ or ‘somewhat often.’”

The poll shows a majority of Americans disapprove of the way Trump is handling the economy, foreign policy, terrorism, the federal budget, and immigration issues, and 70 percent of voters do not believe former President Obama had Trump Towers wiretapped during the 2016 presidential election.

Trump concluded an interview with Time magazine Wednesday by telling Time’s Washington bureau chief Michael Scherer, “Hey look, in the meantime, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know.”

He’s right. He is the president, but the numbers show he is, in fact, doing pretty badly. The worst, to be accurate.

Sad.

Creative Commons / Anti-Media / Report a typo

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2017 12:34:01 AM

U.N. TO STEP UP AGAINST NORTH KOREAN HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES

BY

The U.N. agreed to ramp up its investigations on crimes against humanity committed by North Korea for use in future prosecutions on Friday, on the final day of a four week session.

The U.N. office in Seoul currently employs six people to interview defectors about human rights abuses, as some 1,400 North Korean defectors arrive each year into South Korea, mainly via China, Reuters reported.

In 2014, Michael Kirby, Chairman of the U.N. Commission on North Korea said : "What we have seen and heard so far—the accuracy, the details and the shocking personal testimony—will beyond a doubt require follow-up measures by the world community, as well as consequences for those responsible on the part of the DPRK”.

In 2014, the International Society for Human Rights, (ISHR), stated that North Korea’s crimes are “without parallel” in the contemporary world, documenting examples of widespread torture recorded in North Korea, with orders for brutality often coming from the most senior members of society.

However, North Korea “ categorically and totally rejects" the resolution adopted by the U.N. Human Rights Council, responding in a statement on KCNA—North Korea’s national news agency.

North Korea argued the report had been framed by the U.S. and “other hostile forces” for political reasons “to strangle the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea]," its envoy said to the KCNA. A statement was released by the KCNA that declared the U.S. has some of the worst human rights abuses in the world.

“It is the U.S. where human trafficking, targeting children and women is much more rampant than that in other capitalist countries. The U.S. would be well advised to mind its own business before taking issue with others' human rights situation.”The statement says: “The U.S. is disqualified to play the role of a human rights judge. It is the corrupt U.S.-style freedom and human rights to deprive people of elementary right to existence and all economic, social and cultural rights by shackling them to money.

John Fisher, Geneva director at Human Rights Watch said : “The overwhelming support for this resolution shows the resounding commitment of the international community to ensure that Kim Jong-un and North Korea’s rights-abusing authorities don’t escape justice.”

(Newsweek)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2017 12:59:15 AM

U.N. SAYS ISRAEL IGNORING DEMAND TO END SETTLEMENT BUILDING

BY

Israel has ignored a demand by the United Nations Security Council to halt settlement building and some Palestinian groups are continuing to incite violence against Jews, U.N. Middle East envoy Nickolay Mladenov told the 15-member body on Friday.

It was Mladenov's first report on the implementation a Dec. 23 resolution adopted by the council with 14 votes in favor and a U.S. abstention. Then President-elect Donald Trump and Israel had urged Washington to wield its veto.

"The resolution calls on Israel to take steps 'to cease all settlements activities in the occupied Palestinian territory including east Jerusalem.' No such steps have been taken during the reporting period," Mladenov told the council.

A Jewish man covered in a prayer shawl prays in the Jewish settler outpost of Amona in the West Bank December 18.BAZ RATNER/REUTERS

Israel for decades has pursued a policy of constructing Jewish settlements on territory captured by Israel in a 1967 war with its Arab neighbors. Most countries view Israeli settlement activity as illegal and an obstacle to peace. Israel disagrees.

The Palestinians want an independent state in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem.

"Many of the advancements that were made in the past three months will further sever the territorial contiguity of a future Palestinian state and accelerate the fragmentation of the West Bank," said Mladenov of settlements, adding that they were "one of the main obstacles to peace."

Mladenov also said an increase in rockets fired from Gaza toward Israel was a "worrying development" and described it as regrettable that Palestinian Authority officials had not condemned attacks against Israelis.

"The continued incitement to violence against Jews emanating from Hamas extremists and some Palestinian groups is unacceptable and undermines trust and the prospects for peace," he said.

"Reactions by Hamas officials to terror attacks against Israelis have been particularly reprehensible and deserve condemnation," Mladenov said.

The United States traditionally shields Israel, Washington's long-time ally that receives more than $3 billion in annual U.S. military aid, from council action. The five council veto powers are the United States, Russia, France, Britain and China.

The resolution, put forward by New Zealand, Malaysia, Venezuela and Senegal a day after Egypt withdrew it under pressure from Israel and Trump, was the first adopted by the council on Israel and the Palestinians in nearly eight years.

Israel's U.N. Ambassador Danny Danon said in a statement on Friday: "There can be no moral equivalency between the building of homes and murderous terrorism. The only impediment to peace is Palestinian violence and incitement."Retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Michael Flynn, who at the time had been chosen by Trump to be his national security adviser, called the U.N. missions of Malaysia and Uruguay before the vote in a bid to stop council action, U.N. diplomats said.

Palestinian U.N. envoy Riyad Mansour told reporters: "Settlements need to be stopped, not only because they are illegal, but they are the main obstacle in the path of the two-state solution."

(Newsweek)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!