Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
11/28/2014 9:30:00 AM

Protesters target Black Friday sales in Ferguson

FERGUSON, Mo.
Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58am EST

A holiday sign hangs in front of the Ferguson Police Department on a Thanksgiving evening that has thus far been devoid of protests in Ferguson, Missouri November 27, 2014.

CREDIT: REUTERS/LUCAS JACKSON

RELATED TOPICS

(Reuters) - Protesters in Ferguson, Missouri began targeting Black Friday sales at major retailers overnight in a new tactic to vent their anger at a grand jury decision not to indict a white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black teen.

Kicking off their latest strategy inside a Walmart in another nearby suburb of St. Louis, about 75 demonstrators protested peacefully, chanting "Hands up, don't shoot!", bemusing bargain-hunters pushing their brimming shopping carts.

They dispersed peacefully when ordered by a small group of police, moving on to a Target store where they staged a similar demonstration. More protests were planned for Friday.

Ferguson became a flashpoint for often troubled U.S. race relations after officer Darren Wilson shot dead Michael Brown on Aug. 9. The U.S. Justice Department is probing possible civil rights abuses, and President Barack Obama has called for reflection on the difficulties minorities face in the country.

The grand jury's decision on Monday not to charge Wilson prompted a spasm of fury in Ferguson. About a dozen businesses were torched and more than 100 people were arrested in clashes with riot police that rumbled on into Tuesday night.

But Wednesday and Thursday were far quieter, with no major incidents reported.

Before heading in convoy to Walmart late on Thursday, a group of some 100 demonstrators ate Thanksgiving dinner, sang, prayed and discussed their new strategy in the basement of a St. Louis church.

"We are bruised but not broken," said Cathy Daniels, a woman known to the activists as "Momma Cat" who prepared the food. "We are regrouping. We are not going to take this lying down."

Ferguson, home to about 21,000 people, is a predominantly black city where almost all the political leaders and police are white.

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon, who declared a state of emergency well ahead of the grand jury being announced, has deployed about 2,200 National Guard troops to the Ferguson area to quell violence.

Wilson, who was placed on administrative leave, has said he feared for his life and was acting in self-defense when he shot Brown. Brown's family said he acted with malice and that he should stand trial.

(Additional reporting by Emily Flitter in Ferguson; Editing by Ryan Woo)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2014 10:12:23 AM
26 November 2014 Last updated at 15:14 GMT

Nato commander warns Russia could control whole Black Sea

Nato's Gen Breedlove is in Ukraine for high-level talks with the Ukrainian leadership

Nato's top military commander, Gen Philip Breedlove, has warned that Russian "militarisation" of the annexed Crimea Peninsula could be used to exert control over the whole Black Sea.

Speaking in Kiev, Gen Breedlove said Russian military assets being installed in Crimea would have an effect on "almost the entire Black Sea".

Mr Breedlove is in Ukraine for high-level talks with Ukrainian leaders.

Russia annexed the Crimean Peninsula from Ukraine in March 2014.

Russia's defence ministry said on Wednesday that it had deployed a batch of 14 military jets to Crimea, as part of a squadron of 30 that will be stationed on the peninsula.

An initial batch of fighter jets were flown to Crimea's Belbek air base "from military air bases in Krasnodar Territory," Russian agency Interfax reported.

Gen Breedlove had said earlier on Tuesday that a large number of Russian troops were also active inside Ukraine, training and advising separatist rebels.

Russia has continued to deny allegations from western countries that it played any direct role in the conflict in Ukraine, which has claimed more than 4,317 lives.

President Vladimir Putin said that Russia "poses no threat to anyone" and would "resist efforts to draw it into geopolitical intrigue," Russia's Tass news agency reported on Wednesday.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel addresses a session of the Bundestag (Lower House of Parliament) in Berlin on November 26, 2014
Angela Merkel held a four hour meeting with Mr Putin this month on the Ukrainian crisis

Meanwhile, German Chancellor Angela Merkel launched a strong attack on Russia's actions against Ukraine whilst addressing a session of parliament in Berlin.

"Nothing justifies or excuses the annexation of Crimea by Russia... Nothing justifies the direct or indirect participation of Russia in the fighting in Donetsk and Luhansk," she said, speaking in the Bundestag.

"Russia is calling into question Europe's peaceful order and it is trampling on international law."

She added that the possibility of a lasting ceasefire in eastern Ukraine was unlikely and therefore continued economic sanctions on Russia remained "unavoidable".

The US and the EU have placed sanctions on Russia for its alleged involvement in the Ukrainian crisis.

line

Human cost of conflict in east Ukraine

Mourners at the funeral on 7 November of two schoolboys killed by shelling in Donetsk
Mourners at the funeral on 7 November of two schoolboys killed by shelling in Donetsk, Andrei Yeliseyev (18) and Daniil Kuznetsov (14)

4,317 deaths since April - 957 of them since the 5 September ceasefire, and 9,921 people wounded

466,829 internally displaced people within Ukraine

454,339 refugees living abroad, 387,355 of them in Russia

UN data from 18 November

Ukraine's year of chaotic events

line

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2014 10:47:59 AM

Obamacare Architect Says Abortion is a Social Good

Over the last three weeks, MIT professor and Affordable Care Act (ACA) architect Jonathan Gruber has gone from being an academic, known mostly in policy circles, to the face of political dishonesty and manipulation. Gruber, who helped create and sell the ACA to the American people, has been caught on tape admitting—on multiple occasions—that the law was written to mislead the public.

But that’s not all that he’s done. As originally reported by Jerome Corsi, Gruber is the author of at least two separate reports arguing that legalized abortion has tremendous social benefit. His work also provided some of the foundation for the 2005 book,Freakonomics, which promoted the idea of abortion as a means of improving society’s children.

In a 1997 working paper, Gruber and two co-authors argued that “children born immediately after” the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision saw “improved” lives. From the paper:

“The average living circumstances of cohorts of children born immediately after abortion became legalized improved substantially relative to preceding cohorts, and relative to places where the legal status of abortion was not changing,” wrote the three co-authors, who compared the five states that had legalized abortion prior to Roe to those who had not. “Our results suggest that the marginal children who were not born as a result of abortion legalization would have systematically been born into less favorable circumstances if the pregnancies had not been terminated: they would have been 60 percent more likely to live in a single-parent household, 50 percent more likely to live in poverty, 45 percent more likely to be in a household collecting welfare, and 40 percent more likely to die during the first year of life.”

As such, wrote Gruber and his co-authors, the data “impl[ies] that the legalization of abortion saved the government over $14 billion in welfare expenditures through 1994.”

A 2009 version of the paper, also co-authored by Gruber, concluded that “marginal children” saw improved lives, including an “increased likelihood of college graduation, lower rates of welfare use, and lower odds of being a single parent.”

Gruber’s work wasn’t just seen by academics. The 2005 book Freakonomics—co-authored by another supporter of abortion as a social good, Steven Levitt—took its abortion section from Levitt’s 2001 paper, “The Impact of Abortion on Crime,” which argued that legalized abortion was responsible for a lower crime rate in the 1990s. And Gruber’s work greatly influenced that paper.

In the 2001 paper, Levitt and co-author John Donohue cited Gruber’s work on at least three occasions, calling the final 1999 paper “most similar to ours, [which] document[s] that the early life circumstances of those children on the margin of abortion are difficult along many dimensions: infant mortality, growing up in a single-parent family, and experiencing poverty.” They also note that “previous research has found that an adverse family environment is strongly linked to future criminality”—and Gruber’s paper was all about “adverse family environments.”

Levitt’s argument was, of course, found to have significant flaws in several areas, including its historical analysis and the impact of growing prisons on crime. But both Levitt and Gruber have provided an intellectual and academic foundation for the liberal idea that society benefits from the slaughter of the unborn—because, allegedly, taxpayers benefit, as do the would-be peers of aborted children.

However, in addition to being morally abhorrent, both men’s arguments fail to account for two political decisions made by the party of abortion that prove the inconsistency of their arguments.

First, Newsbusters found a strong link tying Gruber to the current effort to provide ACA health benefits to illegal immigrants—analysis and data provided by Gruber that could lead to Congressman Joe Wilson’s “You lie” cry in 2009 being totally and completely justified.

How is this relevant to Gruber’s pro-abortion argument? Nearly half of illegal immigrants have not graduated from high school, and their median income is 28 percent lower than that of native-born Americans, according to this brief from 2012.

In other words, it seems that Gruber—and President Obama, and HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell, who previously headed worldwide population control efforts for the Gates Foundation—think that babies born to poor American mothers aren’t worth the alleged “cost” because they tend to be less educated and poorer. But if you’re born somewhere else, come on in!

Additionally, a report released last week by Heritage Foundation senior research fellow Robert Rector showed that the concerns expressed by Gruber about single families and poverty are exacerbated by the type of government policies enacted by the ACA.

According to Rector, issues like single motherhood are made worse by federal welfare programs, including Medicaid—which has been enlarged in many states through the ACA. Rector highlighted how “the overwhelming majority of assistance to families with children goes to single-parent households,” and two ways this hurts families.

First, said Rector, welfare reduces “the financial need for marriage.” In other words, the government takes the place of working fathers.

Second, said Rector, because welfare programs are designed to lower benefits as household income goes up, the programs are “actively penaliz[ing] low-income parents who do marry.” Again, the allegedly helpful programs incentivize single mothers to not marry because marriage brings in more income—and thus, reduces welfare benefits.

It is right and just that Gruber is under so much pressure for his comments about the “stupidity” of the American voter and the Obama administration’s lies about the ACA. It’s unfortunate that his ideology hasn’t just been limited to health care, but also to the destruction of the unborn.

Editor’s note: This column first appeared November 25, 2014 on the CNSNews.comwebsite and is reprinted with permission.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2014 5:01:18 PM

Are You Willing to Look at the Truth Even When
It's Ugly?

9/11 Documentary

Dear friends,

I'm feeling it's time for a wake up call. I want to ask if you would be willing to look into the heart of darkness with me, so that we might more effectively work together to shine light into the shadows and transform our world.

I invite you to watch the powerfully mind-expanding 9/11 documentary below. "Anatomy of a Great Deception" is the best, most well documented 9/11 video I've seen in years. It features highly reliable, verifiable information shared in a warm and personal manner by a caring father.

As a quick background, most of you know that I worked as a language interpreter for the White House. Among others, I interpreted for U.S. Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush when they met with Presidents Suharto and Megawati of Indonesia in the course of my 18-year career with the US Department of State. I found myself sitting next to President Bush in the White House just eight days after 9/11 while interpreting for a very sensitive meeting with President Megawati of Indonesia.

In an earlier incident related to my own awakening on 9/11, I interpreted for the commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, Charles Krulak, during a 1997 visit from the top generals of the Indonesian Marine Corps. During that visit, US generals informed the Indonesian delegation that through their ultra-secure Cheyenne Mountain command center, they were tracking in real time literally every flight in the US. General Krulak bragged that if any plane were to veer from it's designated flight plan anywhere in the US, air force jets could intercept that plane within 10 minutes.

On the morning of 9/11, the first plane struck the World Trade Center at 8:46 AM. Several minutes earlier at between 8:38 and 8:40 AM, NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) was informed of the hijacking according to this New York Times article and this Washington Post article. I started watching television that fateful morning at around 9:30. I was shocked when I then saw that a plane later claimed to be American Airlines Flight 77 had slammed into the Pentagon at 9:38 AM, nearly an hour after NORAD learned of the first hijacking.

Based on my experience in 1997, I had no doubt the military and Cheyenne Mountain had gone into high alert and discovered all the hijackings with minutes of learning about the first hijacking. There was no way the military could not have known the whereabouts of Flight 77, especially as it was headed into the very heart of the US military. I trembled in the depths of my being suspecting that somehow this attack had been allowed to happen.

I also recalled that the $130 billion Star Wars missile defense system had tracked missiles flying 20 times faster than commercial airlines and sometimes successfully shot them down in tests. These sophisticated military systems were designed to detect missiles fired from unknown locations at over 13,000 mph and shoot them down in mere minutes,so I couldn't imagine why on 9/11 these sophisticated systems could not detect four large airliners traveling at a mere 600 mph, two of which were known to be lost for over 40 minutes before they crashed.

Thus began my search for what really happened on 9/11. You can see the results of my years of research on this in our 9/11 Information Center. But before exploring there, I invite you to watch this beautifully done 9/11 documentary which further opened my eyes to the events of that tragic day.

www.personalgrowthcourses.net/video/911... - 9/11: Anatomy of a Great Deception

As the films states, if you are feeling a pit in your stomach about all of this, don't let it get to you. This level of deception has existed for a long time and you've survived fine all along. It takes some time to adjust to a new view of reality. Yet once you've made the adjustment, you will be not only better informed, but also capable of making better decisions which can help to build a brighter future for all of us. As ever more of us wake up, the deception is being exposed on ever greater levels and awesome changes are happening even as you read this. There are many reasons for hope.

We have all known that there is major corruption and deceit in our world. After looking at just how deep it goes in this documentary, you can now become a more effective force for change. By opening our eyes to the deeper realities of our world, we can better work together to bring in the new paradigm we know is possible. Thanks for caring enough to consider the evidence with an open mind. For great ideas on what you can do to now make a difference, see the box below.

With very best wishes for a transformed world,
Fred Burks for PEERS and WantToKnow.info
Former White House interpreter and whistleblower

Note: To read some of the strange and fascinating experiences I had while working as an interpreter with the State Department, see this concise summary.

“Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States in the field of commerce and manufacture are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.” ~~ President Woodrow Wilson,excerpt from his book “The New Freedom” (free copy available here)

What you can do:
  • Contact your media and political representatives and invite them to watch this excellent 9/11 documentary. Urge them to call for the release of classified documents and videos and to press for a new, impartial investigation of 9/11.

• Explore the wealth of reliable, verifiable information on 9/11, including several excellent documentaries, revealing news articles, and much more in our 9/11 Information Center.

• Learn more about 9/11 and the secret societies likely involved in this powerful lesson from the free Insight Course.

• Explore inspiring ideas on how we can work together to create a new paradigm.

• Spread this news on this excellent 9/11 documentary to your friends and colleagues, and recommend this article on key social networking websites so that we can fill the role at which the major media is sadly failing. Together, we can make a difference.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2014 5:21:02 PM

French Parliament debates recognizing Palestine

Associated Press

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius, smiles during a debate on the recognition of the Palestinian at the French Parliament in Paris, Friday, Nov. 28, 2014. France’s government is pushing to revive Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, amid growing pressure across Europe for recognition of a Palestinian state after decades of Mideast stalemate. (AP Photo/Michel Euler)

PARIS (AP) — France's government is pushing to revive Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, amid growing pressure across Europe for recognition of a Palestinian state after decades of Mideast stalemate.

France's lower house of Parliament on Friday debated a measure urging the government to recognize an independent Palestine. The Socialist government supports the idea of two states, but argues that it's too early for outright recognition.

Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said France is working at the United Nations for a resolution to restart Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations — and to set a two-year deadline for success.

"France will recognize a Palestinian state," Fabius told the lawmakers, but the question is "when, and how."

France — which has western Europe's largest Muslim and Jewish populations, and has seen tensions erupt between them — has sought to keep good ties with Israeli and Palestinian authorities in recent years. "Our only enemies in this region are the extremists," Fabius said.

In the Parliament debate, lawmakers argued over whether recognizing a Palestinian state would help or hurt chances for peace. They will vote Tuesday on the measure proposed Friday, which urges the government "to recognize the state of Palestine in view of reaching a definitive settlement to the conflict."

Many in Europe are frustrated with the deadlock in peace talks, and with the Israeli government's actions in Gaza and in supporting the growth of Jewish settlements.

On Oct. 30, Sweden's government became the first Western European nation in the EU to recognize Palestinian statehood. Since then, lawmakers in Britain, Spain and Ireland have approved non-binding motions urging recognition, and the European Parliament debated the issue this week.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!