Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Karen Gigikos

230 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
11/1/2014 4:44:21 AM
HI
Luis Miguel . I SEE YOU HAVE MORE ON YOUR SITE . SOUND INTERESTING
I WORK WITH THIS EVERY DAY ALSO AND IT IS HARD TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THAT OBAMA IS DOING.. AFTER WE VOTE . OBAMA IS PLANNING ON PUTTING GARD'S ALL AROUND THE GOV BUILDINGS.WONDER IF IT IS MARTIAL LAW,OBAMA WANTS A NEW WORLD ORDER . BUT THE BIBLE SAYS IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN . JESUS SAID SINCE ROME. THAT WILL BE THE LAST ONE. BUT HE ALSO SAID THERE WILL BE ALOT OF BLOOD SHED., AND BEHEADING. IT IS ALL IN REV. IN THE BIBLE.
karen Gigikos Black Belt Granny
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/1/2014 10:24:09 AM

Hi and welcome Karen,

I share your worries about these end days' bloodshed. There is always a hope, however, that Jesus, as the world Savior, will come to stop it in its tracks. Let's pray for it to happen soon.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/1/2014 10:27:56 AM

Congo crowd kills man, eats him after militant massacres: witnesses

Reuters

Wochit
Congo Crowd Kills Man, Eats Him After Militant Massacres: Witnesses

BENI Democratic Republic of Congo (Reuters) - A crowd stoned to death a young man in northeast Congo on Friday before burning and eating his corpse, witnesses said, in apparent revenge for a series of attacks by Ugandan rebels.

The incident in the town of Beni followed a number of overnight raids in the area blamed on the Islamist group ADF-NAUL, who are thought to have massacred more than 100 people this month, using hatchets and machetes to kill their victims.

Witnesses said the man, who has not been identified, aroused suspicion on a bus when passengers discovered he could not speak the local Swahili language and that he was carrying a machete.

Speaking from the town of Beni, Congo's President Joseph Kabila said the ADF-NALU militants would face the same fate as the rebel movement M23, which was defeated by a U.N.-backed government offensive last year.

"There is no question of negotiation with the terrorists," Kabila said in a speech at a local hotel. "They will be defeated as was the case with the M23. And it will be very soon."

ADF-NALU is an alliance of groups opposed to the Ugandan government that has operated from bases in neighboring Congo since the mid-2000s, undermining Kinshasa's grip on the area.

The movement was blamed for the deaths of 14 people, killed early on Thursday in the village of Kampi ya Chui, bringing the total death toll this month to at least 107, said Teddy Kataliko, president of the Civil Society of Beni.

Tensions ran high in the town on Friday morning with around 100 demonstrators blocking the road from the airport into town, throwing stones and waving machetes to demand greater government protection against the rebels.

Local government officials could not immediately be reached for comment. Earlier in the week, the government sought to downplay the threat posed by the group, which it had previously said was defeated in an operation earlier this year.

Estimates of its strength vary greatly, but the website of the U.N.'s peacekeeping mission in Congo estimates it has around 500 fighters.

The Ugandan government has said ADF-NALU is allied with Somalia's al Qaeda-linked al Shabaab movement, but analysts say the nature of these ties is not clear, despite the ADF-NALU's clear Islamist ideology.

In his speech on Friday, Kabila appealed for public support for a ramping up of its offensive against the group, but did not specify what that would entail.

"I call on the population to support the army because the victory against the M23 was because the population was behind the army," he said. "I call on young people to join the army in great numbers."

Kabila also defended the U.N. peacekeeping mission known as MONUSCO following criticism from locals that it had failed to defend them and had even collaborated with ADF-NALU.

Crowds of mainly young men attacked several peacekeeping facilities with stones and bows and arrows last week, forcing the evacuation of some staff.

The U.N. mission says it has stepped up patrols in the area in the wake of the massacres.

(Reporting by Aaron Ross; Editing by Emma Farge and Crispian Balmer)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/1/2014 10:36:05 AM

Sharpton Calls for Federal Prosecution in Ferguson

ST. LOUIS — Oct 31, 2014, 2:28 PM ET

Rev. Al Sharpton attends the premiere of the HBO Film "Mr. Dynamite: The Rise Of James Brown" at the Time Warner Screening Room on Monday, Oct. 20, 2014, in New York. (Photo by Donald Traill/Invision/AP) | Donald Traill/Invision/AP

With a grand jury decision and a local election looming, the Rev. Al Sharpton returned to St. Louis on Friday to renew calls for the federal prosecution of a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black 18-year-old in the nearby suburb of Ferguson.

The civil rights activist said leaks about the supposedly secret St. Louis County grand jury deliberations undermine the local inquiry into whether to indict Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson in Michael Brown's killing. The panel is expected to complete its review by mid-November, independent of Justice Department investigations into both Brown's death and the broader practices of the Ferguson department.

Legal analysts have said leaked information about Wilson's testimony to investigators could be an attempt to prepare the public for the possibility that the grand jury might recommend he not face charges.

"The grand jury is tainted. The confidence of the family has been shattered," Sharpton said after meeting briefly with Brown's parents and local activists at a breakfast rally before returning to New York. "We should turn this over to the federal government."

Sharpton's remarks were followed by a training of volunteer "justice disciples" who will monitor the police response to anticipated protests over the upcoming grand jury decision. He's scheduled to again join Brown's parents Monday at a get-out-the-vote rally in St. Louis, with a particular emphasis on a St. Louis County executive race that has largely become a referendum on Ferguson.

Sharpton, who delivered the eulogy at Brown's funeral and has joined Michael Brown Sr. and Lesley McSpadden at news conferences in Ferguson, Atlanta and Washington, said published reports suggesting Ferguson chief Tom Jackson was being forced to step down distract from the fundamental point of the Ferguson protests and what organizers call a broader social movement.

"Don't act like you can exchange a job for justice," he said. "To suggest that just changing who the chief is answers how this young man was killed is an insult to the intelligence."

Jackson, meanwhile, criticized Attorney General Eric Holder's recent call for "wholesale change" in the department.

The Ferguson chief told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Holder's comments in Washington this week were "irresponsible" while the federal investigations continue. Jackson said he is "low-hanging fruit" for critics but has no plans to resign.

"I think he's about to leave office and needs to say he accomplished something in Ferguson," Jackson said of Holder, who has announced his resignation but plans to remain in office until a replacement is confirmed.

———

Follow Alan Scher Zagier on Twitter at http://twitter.com/azagier

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/1/2014 10:41:55 AM

Hungry and cash-strapped Donetsk residents queue for food parcels

AFP

Women queue to receive humanitarian aid in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk on October 30, 2014 (AFP Photo/Dimitar Dilkoff)

View Gallery

Donetsk (Ukraine) (AFP) - Outside the iconic football stadium in Donetsk in eastern Ukraine, Yulia holds her four-year-old son Maxim by the hand as they wait for the food parcels to arrive.

"I've never come to get humanitarian aid before. I was living off my stored supplies, but I don't have anything left," says Yulia, 30, who lost her job when her company closed down at the start of the conflict between pro-Russian rebels and Ukrainian troops.

In a sign of the acute desperation for food in this rebel-held region, people began queuing for the aid around 5 am -- even though the distribution was not due until four hours later.

Around 600 people are gathered outside the ticket booths of the Donbass Arena, home stadium of Shakhtar Donetsk, winner of numerous Ukrainian championships.

These days, the stadium is closed and has suffered some shelling damage. Instead of tickets, the booths now issue receipts that grant the holder a parcel of humanitarian aid.

The parcels are organised by local oligarch Rinat Akhmetov, who owns the stadium and the football team, and controlled much of the region's economy before the conflict began in April. He hesitated before ultimately deciding to back the Kiev government.

In the crowd, several women lament that they do not qualify for the food aid.

"We come from Makiivka (a town adjoining Donetsk). Our mayor refuses Akhmetov's aid because he says he is our enemy," says Tatyana, a 35-year-old mother of three, with tears in her eyes.

"He doesn't care that my children have nothing to eat. And when I got here, they told me the aid is only for families from Donetsk."

A young couple pushing a baby in a stroller open their package.

"Nappies for the baby, pots of pureed baby food, fruit juice, some porridge oats... This can last us a month!" says the baby's father Viktor, 28, joyfully, adding that the supplies they stocked up at the start of hostilities quickly ran out.

- 1,400 people per day -

"Our foundation is the only one working full-time in Donetsk and in other towns," says Mykola Ivashchenko, a 44-year-old coordinator of Akhmetov's foundation. He is glad the rebel authorities in the city agreed to work with them.

In another part of the city, outside the large building of the state circus, Akmetov's foundation is giving out aid to pensioners, the disabled, and those who have lost their homes in the shelling.

"We give out food aid to around 1,400 people per day. We started on August 29 and more than a thousand volunteers are taking part in this operation at the moment," says 28-year-old Maria, helping to give out the parcels.

No one seems to have heard of any humanitarian aid coming from Russia or elsewhere.

"As usual, with the corruption we have here, it all gets stolen," says an elderly woman in the queue.

That is despite claims from the rebel authorities in Donetsk that those who steal or resell humanitarian aid will be killed.

"We will shoot those monsters who are growing fat on the misfortune of others," the prime minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, announced recently.

In the meantime, people like Svitlana, 50, depends on the food parcels from the rebels' enemies, given out twice a month. Hers contains tins of fish, a can of condensed milk, some vegetable oil, sugar, tea and cereals.

"It's lucky that we get this aid," she says. "Thanks to this, we haven't died of hunger, since we haven't been paid our salaries or pensions for four months."

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!