Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Pet Bird Abuse Video. The US has more Unwanted, Abused Birds than Dogs.
8/2/2010 9:12:36 PM
Please do not buy a pet bird if you are not going to take care of him. See what happens to innocent pet birds that people buy and then neglect or abuse them. Please do not buy pet birds or other animals period! There are so many unwanted and abused pets out there that need good homes for the rest of their life.

Love and big hugs.

Barb :)

+0
RE: Pet Bird Abuse Video. The US has more Unwanted, Abused Birds than Dogs.
8/2/2010 10:45:01 PM

Barb, this is so true. As we have owned several pet birds and helped maintain an aviary for my brother, we have seen the abuse. I think this is why I am now just feed the wild birds. We raised birds at one time and there are so many predators, that it broke my heart to lose one. We had chickens, ducks, geese, parrots, and a pet starling. It was a wonderful experience but I don't think I could do it now.

My 2 very favorite birds flew away. It was my fault, I had neglected to check and see that Quipper's wings had grown out enough for him to fly. The other little blue love bird named Pete was in Wilson's care when he put him on the porch, forgetting that Pete could open his cage door. He could open it and he would close it behind him when he went back inside. I have written a story about that little wonderful Love Bird.

Quipper was a Quaker, then we had a Mustached parakeet named Alex and a couple of parakeets. We raised cockatiels as I have told you. They were so loving. We had a starling named Jake, wonderful experience.

I never really approved of the way my brother raised his exotic birds but he did pretty good with them and he loved them dearly. It was a good sideline of his accounting business.

So many people are excited about getting a pet bird and then realize they are like taking care of a child and become disillusioned. Also, we make stupid mistakes with birds especially. I guess I just hate cages now.

It is the same with a dog or cat. Don't get one unless you are equipped to take care of them. I do not like it when people drop them off here. We can take dogs to the city pound but they will not take cats - that is if you could catch them. We have 2 males hanging around now. We did find a home for the kitty that took up here and the one we called Cat. At least Cat will get fed but I think the kitty is going to be a housecat. :-)

Guess you hit me at the right time to talk but I have to go for now. Thank you for all your support and love for these animals.

Hugs,

Sara

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2010 11:46:53 PM

We've been rescuers over the years here in the UK.

At present we only have one ancient old cat but we miss our old dog and the last two parrots.

When the cat eventually goes my wife wants a little dogh.

The cat is very deaf. We think that the reason he is still here is that Jesus keeps calling him but he can't hear. What do you think?

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/3/2010 1:59:49 AM
HI Barb,

I can't stand to see any animal, bird or anything suffer. How anyone can mistreat them is beyond me. Sometimes I forget to fed Lokie and she yells really loud, so it doesn't take long to get the food. She does the cutest thing when she gets her food. She put out her wings and bows. I can always tell if she is pleased, by the bowing and the wings out.
I think this is the perfect place for this dove

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
8/11/2010 12:03:24 AM

I never liked 'birds in cages' and have feed birds since my youth. The first thing every morning, I like to listen for the first bird song.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!