Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Ugly forum?
7/25/2010 8:11:07 PM

I haven't been to Adland very often for a couple of years but decided to update my profile today and saw your main title.

One of the reasons that I left Adland was the predominance of ugly forums.

Forums in which to speak contrary is to invite massive oprobrium and scorn - they are ugly.

Forums in which the response "Ooh lovely!", with or without a sparkly picture is almost seen as mandatory - they are ugly.

Forums in which nobody disagrees with the initial post - they are ugly.

Your forum does not conform with any of my rules for ugliness so I am afraid your claim of having 'probably the ugliest forum' is wrong, at worst - provocative at best (well, it made me respond!)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Ugly forum?
7/27/2010 6:20:04 PM

So sad that you feel that way.

The title was tongue in cheek.

I have always attempted to be fair and unless something or someone was provocative for the sake of causing trouble I'm happy to allow in my forums

.All the Happy Birthday backslapping is not really my cup of tea but I am not upset by it.

I genuinely hope that you have a great day.

Adland is not that bad, there are far worse networks.

Roger

+0
7/27/2010 10:47:23 PM

Roger, I have just read Arthur's About Me. It is rather a sad story. You, my friend, have a wonderful forum and we enjoy it fully. I believe Arthur will come to love it also.

Arthur has come back after a long absence and needs our friendship. So let us welcome him back and send all good wishes for someone who has just about lost all eyesight and needs surgery in order to even see at all.

Bless you friend,

Sara

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 11:12:50 PM

I agree Sara,

I sent him a personal message.