Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Who Is this Adlandpro community member?
7/19/2010 7:01:16 PM
Well, that about me section on the profile page is so small
I wasn't sure what all I had there even after scrolling thru it!

So, I thought I'd start an About Me thread...

(not intended for adverts! that is in your Sig line
or what is already in your actual About Me!)

Go ahead and elaborate ...write a bit of biography, insights,
recommend your forums to visit here at adland community!

Recommend other forums to visit!

Let's get active! ....
Beth

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Who Is this Adlandpro community member?
7/19/2010 7:05:15 PM
ok, Here's mine:

Thanks for stopping by!

Wishing you the best in life first;
then success in online marketing!

I love AdlandPro
Vote for Adland's POTW
~ that's the Person of The Week!

about me? I'm Beth Schmillen and have been marketing online now for several years. If I hadn't started out by joining Adlandpro I would have given up on this crazy dream a long time ago! (actually I did a few times! But came back and am glad I did!)

Although I market full time, I'm not yet earning a full time living. I've always said start out joining free and marketing free ~ but ~ there comes a time when spending within your budget is well worth it for advertising and the right programs as well as hosting your own site.

It's been 40 yrs since I graduated from high school and I've connected with many from my graduating class on facebook. The oddest thing happened after re-connecting with old friends! I wasn't certain if they were from Adland or from highschool.

What? Seems I have the same great feelings of friendship for both groups! That's what Adland is... great friends and best support you'll find online for doing what you do! Did I know you in HighSchool or are your from Adland? *smiles*

How about Interests?
Life-in-general ~ Love family, grandchildren, friends!
Shyla, who is calico cat and 9 yrs old now, finally
came out of her hiding place on the water heater after
Abbot the chihuahua joined our family months ago!
They're great friends now! Hard to believe!

==================================
Thanks for reading this!
==================================

It is lots easier to see on a forum!
and it formats better too....
Have a great Today

Beth

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/20/2010 2:53:45 AM
When I start talking to folks about me, which is rare, I am quite tight lipped and I am my own worst critic and enemy. Be glad you have not been party to one of my own personal critiques. I know that I have a long way to go yet.

To best describe my early days, this video and song from "Bucky Covington" pretty much covers those days.

Fast Forward to the present ======>>

I have been married to Pam, for 23 years. We have 2 boys, Cody 17 and Justin 25. My namesake James M. Allen IV is 26, he is from a previous marriage and he is married and builds Demolition Derby cars and is a competitive weightlifter. Folks, I make no bones about it: If not for Pam, I probably would have continued on my personal path to self destruction. I tell my boys to find a Good Woman and stick to her like glue. I have.

I have 30 years experience ranging from restaurant management, ( I was personally trained by Ray Danner, Shoney's Incorporated Founder), Direct Sales Agent/manager/trainer (Dale Carnegie, really did teach in person at one time)Smiley, mostly in the Home Improvements market. Ranging from your floors n doors, to your windows and AC systems and how they can save you money on energy costs. You might say I have been Green a long time.

I also believe the 2nd greatest book ever written is "Think
and Grow Rich" and 3rd is "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Like the
"Bible" you should read them over and over again. You do
learn something new every time you do.

I came online in 1999, and saw the $$$ signs. They are here
and just like in the real world there are things you have to
learn, do and know, to get your share. I have 9 years of
learning how, making mistakes, experiences that you are
welcome to tap into.

I hope you accept my invite to "My
Next Thirty Years
" of life, as we continue to aspire to
greater heights.

Be FREE

Jim

Description: We all have opinions, occasionally we even have good ideas. So whatever you have a strong opinion on let us have a discussion.Please be aware that blatant advertising will be deleted.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
7/20/2010 8:34:18 PM

Hello Beth! Great idea to gather the About Me's in one place!!

This is in mine now:

JUST ENJOYING GOD'S WORLD! I am not looking for any more opportunities, thank you all the same. :-) My life is too full and busy to take on anymore than I have going. I LOVE my online friends and always welcome a new one.

Adland is my favorite online Networking community and you will see I stay very active here. I have several forums and invite you to visit all the ones in my signature. Adland Art Gallery features a new exhibit each month of a member Artist. (Always looking for new ones, let me know!)There are many great forums and features here and I hope members will take advantage. If you are new to community or need a refresher course, please visit, The Place to Start in Adland. You will find this a community of "Friends helping friends".

I started with Adland in May 2006 and was flooded with all kinds of 'get rich quick' schemes, some of which I fell for. :-) Did not have much money to loose but I did lose a little. I finally wised up. I had made lots of friends so I have stuck around through the good and bad times (which I believe are behind us).

We live in an old Kansas Farmhouse called CEDAR HILL. We have gardens, lots of space and find this to be a haven we built over the years. I love my family, friends and pets. Molly is our yellow lab, Meagol and Little Miss our cats.

Thank you and I hope to read many more here.

Sara

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2010 5:19:54 AM
Thanks to Jim Allen and Sara Gardener for starting off with
two great "About Me's"

I know how difficult these are to write and I am terrible at them.
I will keep working on mine!

again,
thanks
Beth

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!