Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Hidden Details Discovered In Da Vinci Masterpiece
7/18/2010 2:15:15 AM
Quote:

Luis,

I live so near to London yet get few opportunities to visit the galleries.

I think that I might have to make the effort.

Thanks for this.

Roger

You are so welcome, Roger. And of course, I hope you will get to view it from a short distance. I mean the painting, not the Gallery. Lol
Hugs,
Miguel

P.S. By the way, thanks for reminding us to check the forum lists at least once a week. It is so admirable how you care about it. I guess you know how pressed I always am by time but as you say, all effort is needed if we want to get Adland back to those days when forums were full of visitors. For my part, I will make it a consistent practice to go and check, I promise.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2010 2:44:22 AM
Quote:
Hi Luis,

Always enjoy your explanations it makes a lot more sense to me then. You are the one with the eye for these things. Thanks for all you information.

Myrna

Hi Myrna,
You make me so happy when you visit this forum. You are one of its most loyal friends. It is friends who love art like you do that inspire me to keep on at this.
Sincerely,
Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2010 7:13:08 PM
Hi Luis,

This is amazing what they were able to determine about the subtle layering of Da Vinci's painting technique. Hundreds of layers thinly applied some as thin as half the width of a human hair...

what surprised me is that they can actually tell the components of the paint, copper etc, in each thin layer!

It's hard to imaging anyone working so meticulously today!
thanks for having a great forum!
Beth
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/20/2010 1:48:30 AM
Quote:
Hi Luis,

This is amazing what they were able to determine about the subtle layering of Da Vinci's painting technique. Hundreds of layers thinly applied some as thin as half the width of a human hair...

what surprised me is that they can actually tell the components of the paint, copper etc, in each thin layer!

It's hard to imaging anyone working so meticulously today!
thanks for having a great forum!
Beth

Hi Beth,
You are right, no one would work so meticulously today. It seems at that time they had all the time of the world, though Da Vinci was a special case. For example, legend has it that he took no less than six months to make just the sketch for his most famous Mona Lisa portrait -though it should perhaps be added that according to his co-citizens, he simply wanted to multiply as much as possible his sessions with the celebrate beauty...
Back to your comment, if the modern experts can tell the components of the paint in each layer is thanks to the electronic devices they use nowadays, however, that Da Vinci's paintings consisted of hundreds of layers was known long ago. Please take a look at this thread here where I featured him with a most exquisite masterpiece, The Madonna with the Yarnwinder (actually a surviving copy reputedly painted by one of his disciples) and, in particular, at my comment on his incredible meticulousness in the very last post (here) where I show, of all paintings, his Virgin of the Rocks (the Louvre version) as a precise example of it.
Best Wishes,
Luis Miguel Goitizolo
P.S. As usual your posts are mot stimulating, so much in fact that if you don't stop me, I could talk for eons about these topics. Lol

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!