Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jon Vickers
7/2/2010 10:05:48 AM

I have just been listening to Jon Vickers, a retired Canadian HeldenTenor. All i can say is what a voice, come over and listen to him sing. The last aria he sings on my site is "Celeste Aida" and he does really sing it! Let me know what you think, and while you are there listen to a few others as well.

Steve

www.tenorvoice.net

Mario Lanza www.lanzamario.com www.tenorvoice.net
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Jon Vickers
7/3/2010 11:45:30 PM

That was wonderful. Beautiful and expressive work.

Sorry to say, I don't think that he compares with my friend Phillip Langridges role as Peter Grimes a part that he was widely acknowledging as making his own.

I may be biased but this particular role is exactly the one that I would direct peoplle to when recommending Phillips work.

Great forum.

Roger

+0
7/4/2010 2:27:48 AM

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your reply, and that is what this forum is all about. Showing new Tenors and the ones you are really passionate about, i look forward to getting my computer back so i can listen to the gentleman properly. I will attempt to listen later on my old laptop.

Keep inputting and spread the forum around please :)

Take Care

Steve

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2010 8:12:32 PM

Thanks Steve,

I've just had a wonderful afternoon.

My grand-daughter takes her singing exams at Bognor Regis School of Music in Sussex.

By chance my late friend Phillip Langridge was married to Dame Ann Murray ( who has sung at all of the top opera venues in the world. She has connections with the school and presented a progamme of music for them today.

My wife, daughter and grand-daughter accompanied me to the concert. We enjoyed a wonderful mix of music from Brahms, Hahn, Poldowski,Gabriel Faure, Enrique Granados, Cole Porter and some Irish traditional. She was accompanied by the well known Terence Allbright.

A real treat and an uplifting experience.

Despite her recent loss Ann has thrown herself back into her work but I noted her emotions were very near the surface whilst singing some favourite pieces.

Although not on subject I thought that you would enjoy this news.

Roger

+0
7/5/2010 2:37:53 AM

Hi Roger,

That is wonderful news and you must have been so proud, no probs its still all about singing. and yes of course nothing like the human voice to trigger all sorts of emotions, when i have sung "vesti le giubba" by the end i am usually in tears cos i live the part :) and of course past emotional trauma kicks in.

Take Care and lovely news

Steve

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!