Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mario Lanza
7/1/2010 9:09:44 AM

Since i was about 5 years old i have been listening to Mario Lanza, he really was at the top of the Tenor Tree.. He inspired many of our recent Top Tenors to start their respective careers, what is your favourite Aria, Ballad or Oratorio piece by him ?.

There are so many to choose from, and anything he sang he made his own thats for sure. One that is right up there for me is "Core N Grato" Whats yours ?

Steve

Mario Lanza www.lanzamario.com www.tenorvoice.net
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mario Lanza
7/1/2010 6:30:00 PM

Steve.

Strangely, his name is one that I have known for many years but that's it.

How can something like that pass you by?

Roger

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/1/2010 11:31:32 PM

Hi Steve,

That's a little unfair my Friend. No one can be expected to select only one or two favorites from Mario Lanza. That would be like picking out one favorite from the great Caruso.

Questo non è semplicemente possibile.

However, if I must select a couple of favorites, I will go with the two Standards, that I always listen to at Christmas time every year...

Ave Maria

O Holy Night

We'll just celebrate Christmas in July. Can't think of a better way to do it than by listening to such a Beautiful Voice.

Have A Beautiful Evening My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
7/2/2010 2:25:12 AM

Hi Phil

Thanks for your reply and i can see where you are coming from, Mario Lanza literally made anything he sang his own. I like the two selections you have made very much indeed, and hope you will continue to give your input here :)

Take Care

Steve

+0
7/2/2010 2:30:37 AM

Hi Roger,

Well i guess if one is pre-ocuppied with "Life In General" i.e Family, its easy for any of us to find something that soothes and inspires us and never look outside of that for a long time. I know from personal experience that we are very good at cultivating tunnel vision, and for me when i took off the "blinkers" i began to see all the others as well. I am not suggesting that has happened to you of course, but its very apt for me :) please keep inputting your views!

Steve

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!