Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Time To Wish The America A Happy Birthday
7/4/2010 11:39:37 PM
Hi Phil,

The Audie Murphy Website is wonderful.

Audie Murphy died broke in a plane crash in 1971, squandering millions of dollars on gambling, bad investments, and yes, other women. "Even with the adultery and desertion at the end, he always remained my hero," Pam told me.

After all he went though in the war, he surely needed some kind of counseling. Not making excuses for him, but we can not imagine all the turmoil he was in, and maybe didn't even know it. What a waste.

Blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Time To Wish The America A Happy Birthday
7/5/2010 2:22:34 AM

Hi Myrna,

I'm glad you liked the Audie Murphy Website. I know that he had his problems, but the man was a Certified, Genuine, War Hero, and I just can't stand to think that there is a whole Generation that will grow up not knowing who he was and what he, and all of the Heroes from WWII, did for them, and sacrificed for them, that they might enjoy their Freedom.

Here's one final Salute to the 4th. It just wouldn't seem like Independence Day to me without this song. Please click on the Graphic below, for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and

The Battle Hymn of the Republic

God Bless You My Dear Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!