Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Time To Wish The America A Happy Birthday
6/27/2010 8:28:48 PM

Hello My Friends,

It's almost here. Just a few more days until it's time to wish Uncle Sam a Happy Birthday once again.

4th Of July countdown banner

On July 4, 1776, the Second Continental Congress unanimously adopted the Declaration of Independence, announcing the colonies' separation from Great Britain. The Constitution provides the legal and governmental framework for the United States, however, the Declaration, with its eloquent assertion "all Men are created equal," is equally beloved by the American people. Though July 4th, 1776, is considered to be the Independence Day of America, the Declaration of Independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain, was actually signed by the delegates on August 2nd, 1776. The Declaration was then adopted by the Continental Congress, making America free from bondage from the United Kingdom for the last 234 years.

(Click Below For A Special Prayer)

The holiday was first celebrated on July 8th, 1776 in Philadelphia. That day, the Declaration of Independence was read aloud with the chiming of bells and merriment. Philadelphians marked the first anniversary of American independence with a spontaneous celebration, which is described in a letter by John Adams to Abigail Adams. However, observing Independence Day only became commonplace after the War of 1812. Soon, events such as groundbreaking ceremonies for the Erie Canal and the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad were scheduled to coincide with July 4th festivities. It was considered as a national holiday after 1941.

The American Independence Day or the Fourth of July or the Glorious Fourth, is celebrated all across the United States with fireworks, parades, barbecue, family get together, carnivals, picnic, concerts, baseball games along with several political speeches and public as well as private events, guns and canons.

As the other summer holidays 4th July, most of the time is celebrated outdoors. This federal holiday holds special significance in the lives of the Americans. The public appearances of politicians as well as celebrities can be seen on this day. Their speeches mainly include the glorious past or to appreciate national heritage and sentiments.

Families normally get together on this day to enjoy the sun while attending barbecues or picnics. They decorate their houses with red, white and blue which are the colors of American flag. Several parades are held in the morning while in the evening the people enjoy fireworks at an open arena.

(Please Click Below For A Few Fireworks)

‘A Salute to the Union’ which is a salute of one gun for each states in the USA takes place at noon by the every military base.

Many people witness the grand fireworks in the New York City, Chicago, Boston, and Washington D.C. In 2009, New York City held the largest fireworks display in the country with over 22 tones pyrotechnical display Michigan also holds the world’s largest firework display over the River Detroit to celebrate the Independence Day.

(Click Below For A Special Tribute)

God Bless My Friends & Happy Independence Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Time To Wish The America A Happy Birthday
6/27/2010 9:13:09 PM

From this old Brit

Accept my congratulations America

FlagGlitter4th.gif image by romacmail
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/27/2010 11:18:37 PM
HI Phil,

I tried to start one last week, but it got lost somewhere............Thanks for bringing up the 4th of July. . . CELEBRATE......COME ON LET'S CELEBRATE

Blessings and hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/27/2010 11:23:55 PM
I think this belongs here.

Happy 4th Everyone
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2010 12:02:24 AM

Well Myrna,

That's pretty impressive. You just got my English wife singing along to that.

Happy July 4

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!