Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Being Scammed
6/4/2010 9:53:56 PM

I have recieved a very disturbing message from a user M. Barmes. this person wants me to help them remove funds from their home account in Africa.

Read it for yourself. -----------------------------------------------------------------

6/4/2010 9:27:48 PM
WE NEED YOUR TRUST.

DEAREST ONE...

WE ARE WRITING FROM REPUBLIC OF COTE D' IVOIRE...(WEST AFRICA).. IT IS OUR PLEASURE TO APPEAL FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND TRUST. WE ARE JOSEPH & MERCY BARMAH...THE SURVIVING CHILDREN OF LATE DR & MRS LAURENT A. BARMAH.. THE DIRECTOR OF SIERRA LEONE DIAMOND MINING COOPERATION SIERRA LEONE, WE ARE HERE IN COTE D' IVOIRE TAKING REFUGE AFTER THE BRUTAL WAR AND MURDER OF OUR PARENTS BY THE REBELS DURING THE RENEWED POLITICAL FIGHTING IN OUR COUNTRY SIERRA LEONE.

WE HAVE (US$18,500.000.00 ) TO INVEST IN YOUR COUNTRY, AND WE WILL REQUIRE YOUR ASSISTANCE IN RECEIVING THIS FUNDS IN YOUR PERSONAL/ COMPANY ACCOUNT FOR INVESTMENT AND TO ENABLE US CONTINUE OUR EDUCATION IN YOUR COUNTRY. WE WILL BE GLADLY TO GIVE YOU 15% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN RECEIVING THE FUND ON OUR BEHALF FOR INVESTMENTS IN YOUR COUNTRY.

AWAITING YOUR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE FOR MORE DETAILS.

THANKS

OUR BEST REGARDS.
JOSEPH & MERCY BARMAH.
MY PRIVATE EMAIL (joseph10barmah@yahoo.fr)
Now I know that the IRS would be involved as well as the CIA at this level.
But here is what I know as someone who as been the victim of a much smaller SCAM.
They would ask for the funds to be withdrawn ASAP and sent to them, or wire transfered, to the sum of about $15.7Million. Then not only would the good-hearted person be on the hook for the whole Leagal fallout but also for the funds that were sent away.
It greaves my heart to see our community being invaded by this sort of activity. I just don't wan someone I know or don't know to be hurt financially be this easily avoidable mistake.
A Concerned Member,
Robert Jennings
+0
RE: Being Scammed
8/10/2010 10:18:19 PM
I've noted a Facebook user ( blank profile graphic ) target's widows who shows this status on their profile page.
+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Being Scammed
8/16/2010 9:16:04 AM
There are a lot of scams online and all we can do is to be as careful as possible.

Reporting a scammer, or anyone else who is misbehaving here, is easy.
When you are reading the message in your inbox just scroll all the way down
and locate the link that says Report Abuse and click on it.

Then just type in a short reason and send.
Sometimes the word Scam can be enough.
Support has seen a few and can easily identify one. :)
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!