Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Simple Greek Salad
6/2/2010 6:00:50 AM

Much to my delight, we just got a new cooking channel on TV. I watched this recipe being made.

Greek Salad

1 English cucumber or seedless cucumber, cubed

Feta cheese crumbles

Kalamata Olives

juice of 1/2 lemon

mint leaves

black pepper

dried oregano

drizzle of extra virgin olive oil

Instructions:

Cube the cucumber. You can either peel it or leave the peeling intact. Crumble some feta cheese on top. Add juice of 1/2 lemon, mint leaves, black pepper, dried oregano, and Kalamata olives on top. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top of the ingredients.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Simple Greek Salad
6/2/2010 5:47:10 PM
Hi Donna,

I will wait until I get some fresh cucumbers from my garden to try this one. I have copied so many other recipes you have given and something happens to my pc and I lose them all so this time I will just go to your site to pick them up.

Donna do you use Frontline on your cats? I used it the other day on my kitty and he is really sick. I am thinking it was that he was ok before. So I am planning on a vet trip today. I am really upset.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/2/2010 8:06:43 PM

Hi Donna & Myrna,

Donna thanks so much for the Greek Salad. I must confess that I absolutely love Feta Cheese. I know that it's extremely high in Sodium content, but I really can't help myself sometimes.

Matter of fact, I had a Greek Omelet just this past wekend. Absolutely delicious, if I must say...

Greek Omelet with Feta Cheese

Ingredients

• 2 - cup fresh spinach leaves, cut into thin strips
  • 1/4 - cup. chopped red onions
  • 1 - tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/4 - cup chopped tomatoes
  • 4 - eggs
  • 1/4 - cup water
  • 1/2 - cup Crumbled Feta Cheese, divided

Directions

Spray small nonstick skillet with cooking spray.

1. Add spinach, onions and garlic; cook on medium heat 4 min. or until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
  2. Stir in tomatoes.
  3. Beat eggs and water with wire whisk until well blended.
  4. Pour evenly over spinach mixture; tilt skillet to evenly distribute eggs. As eggs set, lift edge slightly with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
  5. When eggs are almost set, sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup of the cheese.
  6. Cook an additional 1 to 2 min. or until eggs are set.
  7. Slip spatula underneath, tip skillet to loosen and gently fold omelet in half.
  8. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
  9. Remove from heat; let stand 2 min. to allow cheese to melt slightly. Cut in half to serve.

Serves 4 (Or Two Hearty Eaters)

Have A Happy Wednesday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/3/2010 1:57:20 AM

Hi Myrna,

If there are fleas on my cats when it is time for their yearly exam I have used whatever anti-flea meds the vet has given me, but I prefer not to treat them unless absolutely necessary.

I have four cats, and at least 2 of them get sick for about 24 hours after their shots, so sometimes I wonder if that is wise, too, but I have had cats get diseases that were fatal, so I continue to get the yearly vaccines.

There is an online vet who believes in natural methods. I get his newsletters. I will look up his web site URL and message you with the information.

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/3/2010 1:59:34 AM

Your omlet sounds good, Phil. I confess I have never tasted Feta cheese. The crumbles are quite expensive in my local grocery (about $5.00 for a small amount) so I have been reluctant to buy them in case I don't like the flavor. Is it anything like Blue Cheese in taste?

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!