Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
What's Your Happiness formula?
5/30/2010 5:33:33 AM

Hello all, here is this weeks pick from my newsletter. I hope you enjoy.

This week I thought it would be fun to do a theme week since I haven't done one for awhile. The subject is happiness and I hope to bring you some great quotes about happiness, and I'd love to hear any definition or quotes that might be your favorites. I have another little project for you too, so be prepared!!!

I thought the best place to start was a formula for happiness I recently ran across while reading The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin, a book I highly recommend.
To be happy, I need to think about feeling good, feeling bad, and feeling right in an atmosphere of growth.
Source : The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Gretchen Rubin explains it this way: Feeling good is an important aspect of being happy, the more positive and in tune you felt the great the amount of happiness. As a consequence of that, thinking about why you feel bad helps you find ways to diminish or climate these experiences with actions that lead to more positive results. Feeling right deals with your overall life situation. Does what you are doing feel right to you? Are you in the correct job, is there something else that would more fully complete the person you are?
Finally growth brings about new experiences, new learning, advancement, understanding,plus development, all of which contribute heavily to ones sense of happiness.
In theory you should be able to use this formula to help improve your own happiness intelligence my focusing on the four parts of the formula.
It makes sense to me. What do you think?
Here is a link to her blog: http://www.happiness-project.com
And just to get you into the right mood here's my first happiness quote for the week.
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Source: Buddha
"I will find happiness where the wild river runs through the woods and thunders to the sea."
(A Nick Fragment)
Have a happy day.
Nick
Your Other Little Project! Help Me Fill In the Blanks.
I have just written a post for my blog about the things that inspire us. I would love to have your inspire (read the article) to add to the ones that I put in the post. Just follow the link read the article then send me an inspire, maximum length 140 words which must start with "I am inspired by:______________.
Send your inspire to: iaminspiredby@gmail.com or reply to this email or leave a comment at the website.
If you have a site you would like to plug I will include that with the post.
Here is the link:
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
RE: What's Your Happiness formula?
5/30/2010 1:27:09 PM

Thank you Nick, I toured your blogsite and some links from there. This is something that makes me happy. It is a joy to have one of my 'babies' sit on my hand for a few minutes before it flies to start its life cycle.

Happiness to you friend,

Sara

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: What's Your Happiness formula?
6/1/2010 1:07:00 AM

Thanks Sara,

Good to hear from you. That is an amazing photo.

Nick

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!