Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Another easy Hummus recipe
6/5/2010 5:06:14 PM

Hi Donna,

Since we seem to be finding new & different Hummus Recipes, here's a few of my favorites. Grab some Low-Salt Crackers, some Baked Potato Chips, or some Raw Veggie Sticks and have fun...

White Bean Hummus

Ingredients

• 2 ½ cups white beans, drained and rinsed, or soaked if using dried
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of tahini
  • 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 1/2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • water

Preparation:

In a blender or food processor, blend the white beans. Add tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, olive oil, and salt until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency. Add small amounts of water as needed until desired texture. Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or serve immediately

Ingredients:

• 1 can (16oz -19oz) of chickpeas
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of tahini
  • 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 clove of garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 ½ tablespoons water

Preparation:

Wash and dry red bell pepper. Chop into ½ inch pieces.

In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add red bell pepper, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, water, and salt until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes

Pumpkin Hummus

Ingredients:

• 1 15-ounce canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preparation:

In a food processor, combine ingredients until smooth and creamy. If hummus is too thick, you can add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.

Sppon into serving bowl, and sprinkle with desired topping like cinnamon, red pepper, or more parsley.

Ingredients:

• 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or soaked if using dried
  • 1 can (15 ounce) whole, peeled tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons of tahini
  • 2 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 clove of garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 ½ tablespoon basil, chopped

Preparation:

In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add tomatoes, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, basil, and salt until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency. Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.

Ingredients:

• 1 15 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained (save liquid)
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • cumin (to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon tahini, or low fat peanut butter if you prefer (optional, but if you do not use, increase yogurt by 1 TBSP)
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Preparation:

In a food processor combine beans, tahini (ony if desired), yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice. Blend well. Add salt and cumin and blend to a smooth and creamy dip.

If your hummus is too thick, add a little bit of the liquid from the chickpeas - about a teaspoon at a time. Other ways to thin out hummus is by using warm water or olive oil.
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2010 6:08:53 AM

Phil,

Every single one of those Hummus recipes sounds tasty so I am going to copy them all! Thanks for sharing. I am just getting into Hummus after tasting it at my sister's house in Wisconsin. I think I will make a copy for her, too, and take it along when I visit this summer. She is a good cook and baker who loves to make healthy dishes.

DonnaZ

DonnaZ

+0
6/7/2010 2:22:33 PM

Phil, those are great recipes, thank you. I especially want to try the Tomato Basil one and have printed it.

Donna you found a good subject here.

Good healthy eating,

Sara

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/8/2010 5:32:47 AM

Hi Sara,

I have been trying to eat healthier for some time now, so am pleased when I find healthy recipes.

Thank you for visiting the forum.

DonnaZ

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2010 10:07:19 PM

I just love hummus but I'd buy it I think. There are sooooooooo many good hummas with different flavors out now. Some are the original, GREEK, Roasted Red Peppers and some with Pine nuts and other exotic additions. I have found them on sale for $2.99 and $3.99 !!!

You hit the ball out of the park with this recipe again Donna!

You're...........delicious!! LOL

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!