Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Black Bean Hummus with Cilantro and Lime
5/19/2010 5:05:12 AM

April 15, 2010

BLACK BEAN HUMMUS WITH CILANTRO AND LIME

Hummus has become a huge favorite these days. It may have even replaced the traditional spinach dip at most gatherings. The good thing about Hummus is that it's loaded with fiber and other good things for our bodies. There are also many variations, so you can never get bored with it. Here is an updated, slightly southwest version that will beg for you to come back for more!

BLACK BEAN HUMMUS WITH CILANTRO AND LIME

1 can of black beans (save 2 Tablespoons of reserved liquid from the can)
2 Tablespoons Tahini (sesame paste found in the peanut butter section of the store)*
1/4 Cup bottled lime juice (or juice of one medium size lime with some grated lime peel)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic (or one large fresh clove)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro ( or a good fistful size to throw in the food processor)
1 teaspoon Salt

1 Tablespoon Sesame oil or Olive oil (EVOO)

Put everything in a food processor and whirl on high until smooth. More oil can be added or all of the bean liquid can be used in place of the oil.

Serve with veggies and multigrain crackers or tortilla chips.

** make your own TAHINI **
Put 1/2 cup hulled sesame seeds in food processor ( a coffee grinder works even better)...grind until fine meal texture.
In the food processor:
Add 1/4 tsp salt and 2 teaspoons sesame oil.
Lastly add 2 Tablespoon of water. Whirl until a smooth paste.

Add the rest of the Hummus ingredients to the paste in your food processor and continue on to complete the recipe.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Black Bean Hummus with Cilantro and Lime
5/19/2010 5:15:13 AM
Hi Donna,

Have you tried the black Bean Hummus? I would love to know how it is, would like to make it but if I don't like then what? lol

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2010 9:07:14 PM

Hi Donna & Myrna,

I first tried Hummus at one of the Christmas Parties back in December and I've had it several times since then. I will vouch for how good it is, however, I still prefer my Spinach Dip.

Myrna, I haven't tried the Black Bean Hummus yet, although I plan to do so sometime this week. Here's one that I've made with Gabanzo Beans and it's absolutely delicious.

My Favorite Hummus

Ingredients

• 1 (16-oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
  • Garnish: lemon slice

Preparation

Process first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 3 days. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil just before serving, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Hint: Processing the hummus for one minute yields an extra-smooth consistency.
Have A Tasty Week,
Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2010 10:13:37 PM
Hi Donna and Phil.

Oh Phil you are always there trying new recipes. I just know I can depend on you. What a great friend to have.

I too like spinach dip. I will have to go into Donna's site and get all the recipes. Again I lost so many things with this computer. Oh well, such is life. I can at least get them, Yes.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/20/2010 12:36:30 AM

Hi Myrna,

I haven't tried the hummus yet, but it sounds tasty and healthy. I will try it soon and let you know how it turns out.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!