Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: NEW RAPHAEL PAINTING FOUND BY ITALIAN EXPERTS
5/10/2010 7:53:40 PM
Hi Luis

Beautiful. I will check these out thank you
Karen
karen gigikos / black belt grannyHobbies
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2010 6:32:07 PM

What exquisite work Luis, beyond beautiful !!! Thank you for sharing your knowledge in the feild of art, now we know and see so much indeed.

simply amazing.

Warm regards

Pauline

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2010 8:46:18 PM
Quote:

What exquisite work Luis, beyond beautiful !!! Thank you for sharing your knowledge in the feild of art, now we know and see so much indeed.

simply amazing.

Warm regards

Pauline

Yes Pauline, I read after the finding that the experts were astounded at the delicate outline of the new masterpiece, a characteristic of Raphael paintings. In fact, it was this factor and not so much the richness of the frame which convinced the discoverer on its authenticity.

Thank you,

Luis Miguel Gotiizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
6/5/2010 8:38:12 PM

So very beautiful!

This one "Mother and Child" has been reprinted many times, especially on Christmas cards.

So magnificent!

Sara

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2010 12:56:38 AM
Yes Sara, those two paintings were undoubtedly master works by Raphael's own hand and not the work of any of his students. It clearly shows from their beauty and delicacy and the love those figures are impregnated with.

Here is another very well-known Madonna and Child by Raphael, perhaps the object of even more reprints than the one you show. I have one of those reprints myself at home, it hangs on one of my goddaughter's bedroom walls.

Raphael Sanzio - Madonna della Sedia (1518)

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!