Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Baked Ziti
5/9/2010 4:13:55 AM

Hi Donna,

I know what you mean about the sweetened sauce, yuk. I bet it has corn syrup in it. I have been reading labels and labels and corn syrup is in so many things. And not long ago I read where corn syrup is hard on the liver, and shortly after that my friend told me the same thing about corn syrup. and the liver. So making food from scratch or my canning, I know what it in it.

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Hugs,

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2010 5:17:45 AM

Hi Myrna,

I know, corn syrup is in an unbelievable amount of products. I read labels before purchasing the items, and I put a lot of them right back on the shelf.

Recently, the food industry is starting to eliminate high fructose corn syrup from some items. On the package it will say "no high fructose corn syrup". I hope they eliminate from a lot more products.

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2010 5:18:47 AM

Myrna and all you mothers out there,

Happy Mothers' Day! Hope you have a good one even if your kids can't afford to give you a present!

DonnaZ

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2010 6:12:27 PM
Donna, making from scratch or doing your own canning is great and healthier ! I think it tastes better ... who decided everything needed corn syrup or starch in it ?

I use tomato paste a lot in things as it gives a full body flavor and less sweet ... thicker also for sauces ...

We need to all read labels and move away from all the additives we don't need and are not good for us .. our poor livers ... ouch !
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2010 6:14:31 PM
Happy Mother's Day ! and may all your kids be able to afford to give you a present, or more importantly visit you, and hold and squeezzzzzze you !
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!