Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Baked Ziti
5/9/2010 3:13:47 AM

I am going to make this recipe tomorrow and will post the results.

Baked Ziti

1 jar spaghetti sauce

8 oz. ricotta cheese

16 oz. ziti pasta (or other shape pasta)

1/2 cup milk

8 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese

1/2 pound ground beef

pinch of crushed red pepper

pinch of sweet basil

pinch of garlic powder

pinch of italian seasoning

freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Brown ground beef in a skillet, then pour off the grease.

Place ricotta cheese into a medium mixing bowl. Add the milk and spices. Stir in the cooked pasta. Season with the black and red pepper.

In an 9 X 11 inch baking dish place a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom. Top with the macaroni mixture from the bowl. Add the browned ground beef. Pour half a jar of spaghetti sauce on top. Lay mozzarella cheese on top of macaroni mixture. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees,or until bubbly.

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Baked Ziti
5/9/2010 3:25:07 AM
Baked Ziti ! Awesome, one of my favorite things to make ... I make my own sauce with tomato paste, tomato sauce, garlic onion, basil, parsley, brown a pound of ground sirloin for a tasty meal ! I use lots of shredded cheese !!!! mmmmmm
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2010 3:50:39 AM

Hi Donna,

Sound good. Looking forward to hear how it tastes. I too make my own sauce. Tastes better then bought.

Hugs,

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2010 4:00:55 AM

Hi Linda,

When I make spaghetti I make my own sauce, similar to yours. I had thought about adding browned ground beef to this recipe. I think I will do that.

Thanks for the hints!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2010 4:02:54 AM

Hi Myrna,

Yeah, the jars of pasta sauce are usually too sweet for my liking, but I am making this for my daughter-in-law and grandchildren and they don't cook from scratch, so they prefer the jars of spaghetti sauce. If it turns out well and I make it for my husband and myself next time, I will make my own sauce, too.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!