Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
IS THE NEW AGE REALLY COMING?
4/8/2010 6:00:33 PM

Dear Adland Friends,

Yes, I believe the New Age is really coming, and it is coming very soon. It is in the air. It is not mere wistful thinking. It has been anticipated by many serious thinkers. All the sacred scriptures of the world speak of this upcoming new, golden age. But, more than anything, it is written in the stars.

This new forum is in the wake of such successful Adland forums like Jill Bachman's Journey to the Mountain of Love (in "Attitude is Everything") and Bogdan Fiedur's Financial Freedom - The Venus Project, which deal with similar aspects of a great subject matter, without any doubt the most important we have ever faced: our planet earth's future. And while I have a pretty good idea of what its purpose is and how it may develop in the days and weeks to come, that idea is only approximate and my intention is to let it progress as spontaneously as possible. I really hope that under these conditions it will do, or rather perform, well. But if not, it is okay too.

Thank you,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

With our entering the New Age, we will be
making our next great quantum leap
in human evolution

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+9
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: IS THE NEW AGE REALLY COMING?
4/8/2010 6:05:05 PM

Hesiod and the Golden Age

"The Greek poet Hesiod, around the 8th century BC, in his compilation of the mythological tradition (the poem Works and Days, ll. 109-126), explained that, prior to the present era, there were four other progressively more perfect ones, the oldest of which was called the Golden Age. In this stage:

[...] they lived like gods without sorrow of heart, remote and free from toil and grief: miserable age rested not on them; but with legs and arms never failing they made merry with feasting beyond the reach of all devils. When they died, it was as though they were overcome with sleep, and they had all good things; for the fruitful earth unforced bare them fruit abundantly and without stint. They dwelt in ease and peace upon their lands with many good things, rich in flocks and loved by the blessed gods.

In this age, Hesiod writes, mankind lived in absolute peace, carefree like the gods because they never aged and death was a falling asleep. The main characteristic of this age according to Hesiod was that the earth produced food in abundance, so that agriculture was rendered superfluous. This characteristic also defines almost all later versions of the myth..." (Wikipedia)

Thomas Cole's The Arcadian or Pastoral State (1834)
Seen as a lost, Edenic form of life, Arcadia was a mountainous Greek region dating to antiquity whose inhabitants were often regarded as having continued to live after the manner of the Golden Age

Whether or not there was a Golden Age as described by Hesiod, there is no denying that all ancient traditions believed they had originally enjoyed one. And as has previously been said, if we are to believe in their holy scriptures and treatises, a new Golden Age should shortly arrive for all the world to enjoy as well. But it is to be noted that the Hindu tradition, which even now has the most elaborated doctrine regarding the world cyclic ages, is the exception to this rule. It predicts the new Golden Age (the Krita yuga or Satya yuga in its particular terminology) in about 430,000 years from now, once the current Iron Age (or Kali Yuga, as it calls it) has ended.

"The Indian teachings differentiate the four world ages (
Yugas) not according to metals, but according to quality depicted as colors, whereby the white color is the purest quality and belongs to the first, ideal age. These colors were originally assigned to the planet Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury and Mars just like the metals. After the world fall at the end of the fourth, worst age (the Kali yuga) the cycle should be continued, eventually culminating in a new golden age.

The
Krita Yuga also known as the Satya yuga, the First and Perfect Age, as described in the Mahabharata, a Hindu epic:

[...] Men neither bought nor sold; there were no poor and no rich; there was no need to labour, because all that men required was obtained by the power of will; the chief virtue was the abandonment of all worldly desires. TheKrita Yuga was without disease; there was no lessening with the years; there was no hatred or vanity, or evil thought whatsoever; no sorrow, no fear. All mankind could attain to supreme blessedness. [...]
(Wikipedia)

More about cosmic cycles and ages will be posted in a new thread of this forum.

Blessings,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+7
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2010 2:53:19 PM
Hi Luis,

Yes it is coming and I know in my heart it is coming. It is just a matter of time and things are going to be so wonderful. No more war, peace and love to all. Whooooooooooohooooooo.

Peace,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+7
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2010 4:40:34 PM
Quote:
Hi Luis,

Yes it is coming and I know in my heart it is coming. It is just a matter of time and things are going to be so wonderful. No more war, peace and love to all. Whooooooooooohooooooo.

Thanks for visiting and very well put, Myrna. I too know in my heart it is coming.

Now I don't thing it is going to look like the painting in the previous post; I guess it may look rather like the picture below, at least in this part of the world... who knows?

Paradise

Too idyllic? Well I would love something like that for my years of retirement, but maybe a more realistic image of a typical city of the New Age would be like this one below.

Jacque Fresco (The Venus Project)'s circular city

How do you like it? Pretty cool, isn't it?
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+5
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2010 5:06:20 PM
Hi Luis,

What is this about retirement? Things are going to change, we are going to change, remember what Jill said about being 29 again. Oh, My gosh to be look 29 again. WOW bye to those nasty lines and sags, Hello smooth skin. I don't think any of use on this planet can understand in our state of consciousness, just how wonderful it is going to be.

The Venus Project is absolutely wonderful, and where is this man, really from? He has been so far in front of everyone for most of his 92 years, it just makes me wonder.

No your paradise can be whatever you want it to be, because I know it will be lovely.

This picture is from Paradise Island and I feel it will be more beautiful then this.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+6

facebook
Like us on Facebook!