Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Papas Kitchen
2/25/2010 9:18:02 PM

Hi Phil,

Glad you love to cook - I don't so I use all possible means to keep it simple when the time comes to fix dinner. One of my best helps is this.

I cook about 4 lbs of chopped meat - 1 lb at a time, drain and Put it in 1 lb. containers and freeze it.

Then when I want to make spaghetti, sloppy joes, soup, etc. I just pull out a lb. of hamburger, thaw it and fix dinner.

I like getting all the grease, etc. cleaned up at the beginning of the process and I feel very uncomfortable if I don't have any on hand.

I make a large pot of spaghetti sauce and freeze it in serving size containers. Have three spaghetti dinners ready to go right now.

Cheers

Barbara Reynolds

Barbara Reynolds http://barbara.powerfulnetworkingsecrets.com 336-227-2983
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
2/25/2010 10:09:08 PM

Hi Barbara,

This sound delicious. My last wife was Italian and although she couldn't do too well with the "Beans & Taters", Southern-style food that I grew up on, she sure could fix some mean Italian. She taught me how to make my Homemade Sauce and she also made it ahead, just like you. It does make sense to have it ready so you can just add the Pasta, She also taught me to make my own Pasta, but that's another matter.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the ideas.

Have A Bright & Blessed Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2010 11:48:26 PM

Hi Phil,

I love Italian cooking.

I recently bought myself a pasta machine but haven't used it yet. Mmmmmmm, maybe next weekend. Mmmmmm.

Roger

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 2:35:19 AM
Awesome idea to plan ahead for meals ! And I agree that browning the meat up and freezing
it in one pound packs for easy meal prep is awesome ! I sometimes make a big pot of
spaghetti to serve up and then freeze half for another meal for us ...

I love to eat ! Simple meals like spaghetti or a roast with veggies are just comfort food !

And we love to gather in the kitchen !
+0
Mark Gibson

236 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 3:20:20 AM

I wouldn't say I love to cook but I sure do like to cook. When you are the cook you get to fix things the way you like them and everybody else has to just like it. lol

I entered my chili in a chili contest last Saturday against 15 other chilis and I won BEST TASTE. BUT... I can't tell you guys my recipe or someone might just use it to compete against me some time.

Thanks,

To YOUR success, Mark Gibson mystuff@cards4u.ws www.cards4u.ws
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!