Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Advertising your business at Adland
2/25/2010 6:36:02 AM
What does everyone think of using the forums as a means of advertising instead of it being a discussion among friends? Here at Adland, what have you found to be the most effective way of advertising your business?
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Advertising your business at Adland
2/25/2010 1:43:06 PM

Hi Cheryl,

There's really no reason it can't be both. I post a lot, and I have yet to post a blatent ad except where I am invited to advertise. However, I advertise every time I post. It's called a Signature Line, simple to set up, and quite effective I might add. For an example, please see below.

Anyone who posts a blatent ad at a Forum of mine without at least attempting to make a relevant comment to the subject being discussed, is, at least to my way of looking at things, no better than a Spammer, and I don't even like Spam with Eggs, let alone with my email or in my Forums. Anyone who does so will have the offending post removed with a comment, and is subject to being banned if it persists, without further comment.

Just my opinion, my , if you will.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2010 3:21:56 PM
Hi Cheryl,

I agree with Phil, you have your signature ad all the time. Some of us are here to have fun and be with the people we have meet and enjoy their friendship. Some people ask that there is no ads on their forum too. Like on my Native American forum, I am doing it for my pleasure and information, therefore, I do not want ads on it.

There could be a forum with info and ads, it maybe a good thing. Hope this is helpful.
Blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 4:43:27 AM
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your comments. I love your "cartoons." The 2 cents is great but I am fond of Eeyore.

Actually, I have seen a lot of forums that were just the person's ad going out to all their friends. I did not see that those "forums" had any invitation for others to post their ads, which would be an entirely different thing.

So, I agree that the profile signature is a very nice way of advertising.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 4:49:07 AM
Hi Myrna,

What lovely roses.

I agree with you.

I am going to have to visit your Native American forum. I have a feather "decorated" by a mostly native American because of a Reiki class I took. She said she was led to give me a goose feather and that meant I would travel. I have to tell you I have gotten on more airplanes the last few short years, since getting that feather, than in all my previous years combined.

Thank you for your comment and for the lovely one you left on my profile. It is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Cheryl
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!