Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Easy Tuna Sandwich or Salad Topping
2/23/2010 2:44:54 AM
For dinner, I made tuna sandwiches. This recipe can be made into a sandwich or you can put it on top of lettuce instead.

One large can albacore tuna in water, drained
celery chopped fine
mayonnaise to taste
juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
chopped black olives, pitted

Instructions:

Chop celery fine, the amount you like for your recipe. Cut the pitted black olives in half.
Add the drained tuna to the celery and black olives.
Add mayonnaise to taste, the amount you like to develop the consistency you prefer.

Squeeze 1/2 lemon into the mixture. Mix everything together. Serve on bread or on top of salad.

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Easy Tuna Sandwich or Salad Topping
2/24/2010 12:08:36 AM

Hi Donna,

Sounds just great, especially on a couple of slices of homemdae Honey Wheat. Just needs a cup of soup to make it a meal.

Healthy Broccoli Cheese Soup

Servings = 6 | Serving size =about 12 ounces as an entree
Cooking Time = 60 Minutes
This recipe can be multiplied by 2, 3.
This healthy recipe keeps well for about 3 - 4 days. Reheat gently.

2 lbs broccoli
4 cups water
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium white onion (diced)
4 Tbsp all purpose white flour
2 cups 1% milk
1/2 tsp salt
8 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)

Cut the crowns from the stems of the broccoli. Divide the crowns into small flowerets and set aside.

Using a potato peeler, peel the stems to expose the tender center. Dice the peeled stems. Place them in a stock-pot with the four cups of water on medium-high and boil until tender. This will take about 30 minutes and the water will be reduced by about half.

While the stems are boiling, steam the flowerets until they are bright green and slightly tender. After they are cool, chop finely.

After the stems are soft, puree them until smooth using a blender or stick blender.

Place the olive oil in a medium stock-pot over medium-high heat and add the onions. Reduce the heat to medium and cook slowly until soft. Add the flour and stir until well blended. Add the milk and stir. Add the pureed broccoli stems and half of the chopped broccoli flowerets and salt.

As the soup thickens, blend it again using a blender or stick blender.

Add the remaining finely chopped broccoli flowerets and stir. As the soup reheats, add the cheese in 3 batches and allow it to melt.

Heat gently on low for about 15 minutes and serve.

Have A Great Night My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Easy Tuna Sandwich or Salad Topping
3/1/2010 5:38:44 AM
Thanks for the recipe, Phil. I will post some more recipes soon.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!