Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
CoQ10-More Than An Anti-Oxidant
2/19/2010 8:31:05 AM
CoQ10-More Than An Anti-Oxidant-Visit http://www.myspace.com/hudshub1
Mike Hudspeth
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: CoQ10-More Than An Anti-Oxidant
2/19/2010 11:47:06 PM
Healthy Body BlogCoenzyme Q10 was discovered in 1957 by Fred Crane.Its chemical structure was determined a few years later by Karl Folkers.CoQ10 plays an important role in the production of chemical energy in the mitochondria.In its reduced form CoQ10 also serves an an antioxidant. CoQ10 is the only lipid-soluble antioxidant that is synthesized in our bodies.CoQ10 is also a micronutrient. Evidence is accumulating for a role of CoQ10 in the treatment of mitochondrial disorders and neurodegenerative diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Over the past few years CoQ10 has gained considerable attention as an agent capable of influencing cellular biogenetics and counteracting some of the damage caused by free radicals.Still under investigative research is the effect CoQ10 has on decreasing the effects of cardiovascular incidents.Currently, there are numerous research trials being conducted in regards to how CoQ10 can possibly protect LDL and decrease atherosclerosis.CoQ10 has already proven its worth and effectiveness in decreasing free radical damage in so many other areas of the body; skin, hair, lungs, liver, circulatory system.Testing and research will continue with CoQ10 for many years to come as more is learned about its effectiveness in all body organs and systems.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: CoQ10-More Than An Anti-Oxidant
2/19/2010 11:49:06 PM
Interesting, last summer my 81 yo mother and I read about this and I ordered some for us both to take ! We take liquid vitamins also !
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!