Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: PHILOXENIA# European Capitals!
2/6/2010 11:05:42 PM

WONDERFUL Georgios !!! I traveled to the UK in 2001. Ireland was so beautiful and I love the music of Ireland also. "The Blood Of Cu Chulainn" by Mychael Danna & Jeff Danna -- fantastic.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2010 11:53:09 PM
Hi Alain!

Thank you fror th comments. I like the "Georgios Magik". What a nice image you sent me. You are a great friend. For you I have something that you will like.

BRUSSELS
The capital of Belgium (Bruxelles, Belgique)
A theory for the etymology of Brussels is that it derives from the Old Dutch Broeksel or other spelling variants, which means marsh (broek) and home (sel)or "home in the marsh". The origin of the settlement that was to become Brussels lies in St Gaugericus' construction of a chapel on an islandin the river Senne around 580. The official founding of Brussels isusually situated around 979, when Duke Charles of Lower Lotharingia transferred the relics of Saint Gudula from Moorsel to the St Gaugericus chapel. Charles would construct the first permanent fortification in the city, doing so on that same island. Brussels serves as capital of the European Union, hosting the major political institutions of the Union The EU has not declared a capital formally, though the Treaty of Amsterdam formally gives Brussels the seat of the European Commision and the Counsil of the European Union. It locates the formal seat of European Parliament in the French city of Strasbourg, where votes take place with the Council on the proposals made by the Commission.
BRUSSELS
A view GRAND PLACE
Classic Relaxing Sounds

Dublin
Click above

(Tapis de Fleur [Flower Carpet])

Your good friend
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2010 1:11:34 AM

Excellent Georgios.

Do we have belgian friends here?

I know of one resident but not Belgian born.

Roger

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2010 2:04:08 AM

Hey Georgios!

That was great indeed... Thank You!

You use your Magical Wand to create Magik all around us in AdlandPro!

Like Patricia said... You are a Star!

Thanks again!

Blessings,

Alain

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2010 1:11:30 PM
Hi Myrna!

Thanks for the "Checking in". More capitals will be posted in here. Everytime a new friend comes in I will "throw" out either a capital or a metropolian city.

Today we have bad waether here. It is cloud and cold. I know that you have an snow "armageddon" in the States. I hope this will be over very soon.

Amid The Falling Snow

Snow
Click above (Music: Enya)

Happy Sunday!
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!