Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
CROATIAN & SERBIAN FOLK SONGS , CHANSONS & ROMANCES
11/4/2009 11:27:26 AM

VICE VUKOV was one of the most popular singers in Yugoslavia. Being branded as Croatian nationalist, he was compelled to seek for a political asylum, and got it from France .
He died in Sept. 2008, aged 72.

For me personally, he would be No 1 - FOREVER.
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: CROATIAN & SERBIAN FOLK SONGS , CHANSONS & ROMANCES
11/4/2009 11:38:55 AM
PieterdeRooijHolland PIETER DE ROOIJ (HOLLAND)

I stumbled upon these beautiful recordings of folk songs from Serbia about six years ago. They're from the archives of Radio Belgrado and were broadcasted in a radioshow from there.
Even without knowing the lyrics I'm sure this enchantingly beautiful singing reaches heart and soul of evry music lover immediately.
Featured here are three famous female singers, each doing one song. The first song is called in english 'Who has torn the jewelry', and is sung by Radmila Dimic. The english title of the second song is 'Why don't you come to me, my darling' and is sung by Kseniju Cicvaric. The third song, by Mara Djordjevic, is titled 'Da znaes, mori mome' or 'Zal za mladost'.
Also notice the instrumental accompaniment, listen to those weeping violins or the melancholic tone of the accordion in the second song. Responsible for this is the legendary violinist/orchestra leader Vlastimir Pavlovic Carevac (1895-1965). He started working for Radio Belgrado from the very start of the radio station, in 1929. The recordings you'll listen to here were done in the period 1954-1964 approximately. I highlight three female singers here, but the male singers in this period are of the same high level. From this kind of music and from this period Radio Belgrado has released some cd-albums, and probably these songs are included. If not, then you're lucky to hear these gems over here. Hope you'll enjoy this music as much as I do.

The pictures in my video are all from the worldwideweb. The vast majority of them show rural life scenes from a bygone era in some Serbian villages, approximately fifty years ago.

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/4/2009 12:04:17 PM
Serbian traditional song from KOSOVO :

(TRANSLATED SONG TITLE : PEONIES FROM KOSOVO)
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/4/2009 12:10:16 PM
Serbian traditional song from KOSOVO :

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts