Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
ROMANIA - Roman Empire And Ancient Dacia
10/28/2009 7:10:43 AM

ΡΩΜΑΝΙΑ

ROMANIA –East Roman Empire (ΡΩΜΑΝΙΑ)

Tho honor Ana Maria Padurean and her Works in AdLandpro

Romania

The Byzantine Empire and Eastern Roman Empire are conventional names used to describe the Roman Empire during the Middle Ages, centered on its capital of Constantinople. It wasreferred to by its inhabitants and neighboring nations simply as the RomanEmpire (in Greek Βασιλεία Ρωμαίων, BasileiaRōmaiōn), Empire of the Romans or Romania (Ρωμανία, Rōmaniā). Its emperorscontinued the unbroken succession of Roman Emperors, preserving Greco-Romanlegal and cultural traditions. To the Islamic world it was known primarily as روم (Rûm "Rome"). Due to the linguistic, cultural, and demographicdominance of medieval Greek, it was known to many of its western Europeancontemporaries as Imperium Graecorum, the Empire of the Greeks (see also theetymology section).

The Eastern Roman Empire'sevolution from the ancient Roman Empire can be seen as a process beginning whenthe Emperor Constantine transferred the capital from Nicomedia in Anatolia toByzantium, which was renamed New Rome or Constantinople, on the Bosphorus.

By the 7th century, under thereign of Emperor Heraclius, whose reforms changed the nature of the Empire'smilitary and recognized Greek as the official language, the Empire had taken ona distinct new character. During its thousand-year existence the Empiresuffered numerous setbacks and losses of territory but remained one of the mostpowerful economic, cultural and military forces in Europe. The empire'sinfluence also spread into North Africa and the near East for much of theMiddle Ages.

After a final recovery underthe Komnenian dynasty in the 12th century the Empire slipped into a longdecline culminating in the capture of Constantinople and the remainingterritories by the Ottoman Turks at 29th of May 1453.

The Empire, a bastion ofChristianity and one of the prime trade centers in the world, helped to shieldWestern Europe from early Muslim expansion, provided a stable gold currency forthe Mediterranean region, influenced the laws, political systems, and customsof much of Europe and the Middle East, and preserved much of the literary worksand scientific knowledge of ancient Greece, Rome, and many other cultures.

The history we track following maps.

Kingdom Of Dacia
Kingdom op Dacia

ROMANIA (ROMAN Empire)

click to enlarge

Todays Romania was the nothernRoman and later Byzantine province, which later got autonomy. You may find lotsof information in Ana Maria Padurean's from Pepublic of ROMANIA. TodaysRomanians are a mixture of what once was the Thraco-Dacian Kingdoms andprovinces and Gothic, South-Slavic, Greek, Italian and Mongolic people.

Though this land keeps name Romaniatheir language is Latin meanwhile other parts like Pontus, Capadocia and other of the world speak Hellenicdialects called Roman (Romeika) because of their participation as in the Easter RomanEmpire.

Click above - Hagia Sophia - The Symbol of ROMANIA

Aka Byzantine Empire - East Roman Empire

If Civilization fell it is blooming and it will reveal

Pontian Song in Romeika Dialect (Greek Pontian)

More information about the modern country Romania in Ana Maria Padurean's forum ROMANIA, and Kaleidoscope Come celebrate with Anamaria Padurean !!!!!!!!!

Kindly Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ROMANIA - Roman Empire And Ancient Dacia
10/28/2009 8:21:14 AM
Hi Georgios,

How beautiful tribute to Anamaria`s country !
Thank you very much!

Branka
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2009 8:24:23 AM
PS I LEARNED THAT HAGIA SOPHIA IS IN ISTANBUL ???
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2009 8:33:26 AM
Hi Branka!

Thank you for being first to come in! Romania is not only Ana Maria's country. You and me are also part of it. Balkan people are more and less people with common tradition, culture and manners. We may not speak same language but Hellenic, Thracian, Slavic and Turkish the influence during the ages gave an extra ordinary basis to the whole Christian world or as others say the western world.

With you I share a Vlachian song in typical Balkan sounds. The Vlachs live in whole Balkan. The song is probably from Slavic regions. The sounds and the instruments are more commo in Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and nothern Greece.

Click above

Kindly Regards
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2009 8:52:05 AM
Branka

Haya Sofia (Hagia Sophia) is Greek and means Holy Wisdom. Yes, it is in Constantinople or Istambul as you wrote which is a paraphras of the Greek expression "Εις την Πόλην [Eis tin Polin] meaning To The Town. With "town is meant the capital of the empire.

Today is a National Day in Greece. Greece said NO to Fascist-Nasists at 28th of October 1940 and thereby Greece joined the war against the German Axis. The Balkan countries were split. Bulgaria joined Germanh, Romania stayd neutral and Yugoslavia was fractioned to two parts. The Croatians joined the axis while Serbia like Greece and later Abania started its resistance.

Georgios

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!