Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Marisol Sosa

757 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Noah Webster Dictionary & The Holy Bible
10/22/2009 9:34:23 PM

Noah Webster (October 16, 1758 – May 28, 1843). Noah Webster wrote the first American dictionary.

He was called the “Father of American Scholarship and Education.” Noah Webster considered

"education useless without the Bible." And as a result he utilized God's written word

as a key to the meaning of words. This is the reason, Webster's 1828 edition is one

of the most important reprint of the twentieth century, the essential tool of education

for Christians.

Noah's Webster's 1828 edition of the American Dictionary contains a profuse amount of Holy Scripture,

in that he would use verses from the Old and New Testaments to clarify the context in which a word was to be used.

In Webster's Dictionary, the definition of the word Faith includes the following sentences:

Being justified by faith. Rom. 5.

Without faith it is impossible to please God. Heb. 11.

For we walk by faith, and not by sight. 2Cor. 5.

With the heart man believeth to righteousness. Rom. 10.

Your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. Rom. 1.

Hast thou faith? Have it to thyself before God. Rom 14.

See,http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,faith

Noah Webster believed that the Bible and Christianity played important roles in the lives of a free people and its government.

"In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government ought to be instructed...No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people."- Preface

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!